Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Starting Over

It seemed like a good a night as any to start over. Without putting much thought into it, I wiped the slate clean. A decision I may regret later, but in the moment it seemed like the right call. This space was once such a huge part of my life, and I'll cherish everything that it once was. I don't even remember the original name of this blog. It's went through an identity change a few times. It's morphed and grown with me, and then it sat in silence for the past two years, as I'd simply grown out of this space. Nostalgia pulled me back though, and I found myself wanting a fresh start. Don't get me wrong- I'm thankful for the 80,000 visitors that this space has seen over the years. I'm thankful for the hundreds of bloggers I met through this space, the connections I made, the friends I got to know. But life is about growing, and I closed the chapter of my life that was blogging. As much as I loved that time in my life, I can't say I loved having my teenage years so intricately documented on social media. That was one of the very things that drew me away from blogging in the end. I reached a point in my life where every aspect of my life felt so public. Blogging, running a branch of the Odyssey, writing for the Odyssey, three Instagram accounts, twitter, facebook, snapchat, pinterest, and three emails. It was overkill. I was glued to my phone, and my online presence largely ruled my life. It seems only natural that after all of that I would become a much more private person. I've slowly returned to loving Instagram again- that's really my niche. I love documenting life through photos. I don't have any desire to become a public blogger again, but I do miss the writing. That's the one thing that I always loved so much about blogging (besides the photography), was the writing. So I don't know what this means. I don't know if I'll write a little or a lot on this space, but just knowing that it's here, that it's wiped clean, that it can be whatever  I want it to be- it's a reassuring feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment