Thursday, June 15, 2017

Coming Back

Hey y'all,
No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth. I'm still here.
It's funny how things change. This blog used to be so important to me. The blogging community was a big part of my life in my middle school, and even high school years. Seven years of doing this, and blogging isn't a part of who I am anymore.... yet I can't bear to delete this blog because it holds so many wonderful memories. So for some reason or another, I continue to return to it, whenever life lets me, because I feel like it deserves an update. I don't give updates because I expect anyone to read them, but because I feel like I owe it to this space. This domain brought a lot of joy to a shy, insecure, fourteen year old girl, so many years ago, so yeah, I feel like I owe it to this blog.
This semester was a wild ride for me. This past year has held more than I could have ever expected.
I just wrapped my sophomore year of college, and my last semester at a community college. This fall, I'll be a junior at my hometown's university, and I'll be pursuing my major in communications. I worked so hard for my grades this semester, and let's just say, my work paid off.
My job is a huge part of my life, and I'm still really happy with where I'm at. I accepted a management position back in March, and I'm loving the change of pace. It keeps me on my toes, and even in the most stressful of work weeks, I still love my job. This summer will see me pulling some long shifts, and even longer work weeks, but I'm up for it, because as I've said about five times by now- I love my job.
My fur kids are doing great, and still bring me as much joy as the day that I got them. Daisy turned three in February and is loving the fact that since I moved downstairs, she can now sleep in my bedroom. My cats, Thor and Fern, turn four and five this year, and are still up to their usual antics. In January, I added a half moon male beta to my fur family, and he's currently living it up in a new, 3 gallon aquarium.
Fitness is, as always, a big part of my life, and I continue to keep up with it on my Instagram account @em_tonedup. Lately I've been on a cardio kick, so I've been putting in 2-4 miles a day, plus focusing on building my shoulders and biceps back up. Over the past school year I've lost twelve pounds, and dropped two jean sizes, and I couldn't be more proud of my hard work. I continue to have new goals that I strive towards, because there's something so incredibly rewarding about making your health and fitness a priority.
Overall, I'm so happy with the way my life has turned out. Did I expect it go this way? No, not at all! Here I am, twenty years old, pursuing a major that I never imagined myself in, taking care of four pets (never saw that coming), and working as a manager at a job that I never in a million years would have put myself at. But you know what they say. God is good all the time. All the time, God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment