Saturday, January 7, 2017

Welcoming 2017


The first week of 2017 is ending, and I have a feeling that this is going to be one hell of a year. I still have another week before classes start back, so I'm savoring every last minute of this winter break. Once you get into college, you realize how rare your free time is, so when it comes along, it's valuable. This week held a lot of hard workouts, a makeover at Sephora, visiting a dear friend's new baby, work shifts, time with family, shopping, a lot of good food, and the start of my MoH duties. This week saw a cake tasting and wedding dress shopping appointments, both of which turned up some positive results. Wedding planning is A LOT of work, but is such a special time. I have a feeling I'm going to love this whole MoH thing!

I'm really big on setting yearly goals, just to overall see what my plans are, and what I should be working towards. This years goals include:
Transferring to the University of Kansas this fall. This one is already mostly a done deal, because I've already been accepted. I put it on the list, because it keeps me focused on where I am and where I'm headed.
Get a puppy. I had every intention of getting a puppy last summer, but I let time get away from me. Now that Daisy is about to turn three, I really want to get the perfect companion for her. I'm so excited to add another fur kid to my family of three, and see where this next adventure takes me.
Traveling more. I'm someone who loves traveling, whether it's to new places or old. I already have two trips on the calendar, and am hoping to at least throw in a few daytrips this summer.
Ride in a helicopter. Every year I add one adventurous thing to my list. Last year it was to complete a race, so I ran a Rugged Maniac 5K on one of the hottest days of the year. In 2015 I decided I wanted to go ziplining, so I ended up doing a zipline canopy tour in the Costa Rican rainforest. Helicopter ride is on this years list, and I have every intention of making it happen! Now just to choose the perfect location...

What are your goals for 2017?

xoxo, em

No comments:

Post a Comment