Friday, December 9, 2016

Finals Week + Life Update







How has it been nearly a month since I've posted on here? Life has been non-stop, and somehow I've found myself at the end- finals week. The light at the end of this very, very long tunnel is FINALLY in sight, and for the first time in a while, I feel hopeful. Because I've survived another semester. Once again I got through all the classes that I didn't think I could, and I maintained my GPA and my spot on the honors roll. I can always breathe a little sigh of relief when I realize it's all actually going to be okay after all.
This season of life is messy and confusing and filled with a lot of hard days. But it's also filled with a lot of joy, laughter, smiles, and blessings- because for every bad day there are also good days. This semester I've learned A LOT. I've changed a lot as a person, and that's the beautiful about life- we grow, we experience things, and ultimately, we change.

A few highlights of life lately:

*A customer brought a baby monkey into my work last night, and it was hands down one of the best moments of the semester. To see something so precious and tiny, with such an inquisitive face, and curious heart. Animals have a way of making every stress of life melt away, because they live in the here and now, not worrying about the future. That's why I love working with animals- because they're constantly teaching me something.

*I've been blessed with some of the best co-workers, and this past week I was reminded of how incredible they are when one of them surprised me with my favorite Starbucks drink. Sometimes it's the simplest gestures that speak the loudest. It made my day 10x better and I'm thankful to have found such a sweet friend.

*I upped my workouts to 2-a-days this past week because I was so stressed out over finals. Some days I was getting in five miles of cardio, just because I needed that focus that comes from running on a treadmill while blasting your Spotify playlist.

*It's officially the Christmas season and that fills me with so much joy. My family and I got our Christmas tree last week and decorated it all together one evening. Every night I see it glowing in the corner of the living room, and I'm always struck by the simple beauty of a pine tree.

*If I can just get through this next week, I'll be free for winter break, and I'm hopeful to write here once again. After five years of blogging on here, there's something so therapeutic about writing.

For all my fellow college students out there who are facing finals week- good luck and god bless.

xoxo, just a girl trying to survive finals week


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, a baby monkey?? That's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete