Sunday, November 13, 2016

Embracing The Seasons



This picture sums up my life right now. I'm always moving, always hustling for something. This season of life is busy, but it's a good kind of busy. My days are full, and don't usually allow for much free time, but I'm grateful for all of life's blessings right now. My days are school, work, homework, and a little bit of sleep. There's not room for much else, and that's okay. I'm embracing this season of life, because it's just a season, and I know that all too soon it will be over.

*Sophomore year is going really well. Classes are certainly hard, but I try my hardest to stay on my A game, and keep my grades up high. It feels good to work so hard for something and then see the results.

*Work takes up the majority of my life outside of school, but I'm thankful for such a wonderful job, so I don't mind. Having a job where you are appreciated, and you're working in a positive environment makes all the difference. My work is pretty much my entire social life right now, because heaven knows I have no time for going out with friends. I've been blessed with some amazing coworkers though, and my shifts are filled with lots of laughter. I feel really strongly that every high school and college student should have a part-time job, because it's such an important experience. Having the responsibility of working 25 hours a week, on top of school is something that every one should learn how to handle.

*My current Netflix obsession is Blue Bloods, and if you haven't seen it, go watch it right now! I've been watching it for the past few months, and it's hands down one of my favorite TV shows ever! I have a whole post on it coming out on the Odyssey on Monday, because I'm that obsessed with it!

*I'm so thankful for my incredible family, and I truly love that I get to live at home during this season of life. I've been blessed with such a loving, supportive group of people, and I love how close we all are. Family relationships do take work, but your family is your family for life, so investing in each other is one of the most important things that you can do.

*I'm so proud that I've managed to stay on top of my workouts this semester. Usually I've let my routine slip by this time of the year, but not this time around! I still workout for about an hour a day, six days a week, and it's made such a difference. For me, working out gives me more energy, makes me happier, and just makes me feel better. It bring sanity to my insanity, and peace to my anxious moments. The fit life is the best kind!

That's it for now folks! I'm off to another busy day! Praying today that love and peace will abound during this crazy time, and that people will remember how far a little kindness can go.

xoxo, em


No comments:

Post a Comment