Saturday, October 29, 2016

Collecting Moments









I like to collect moments, not things. This semester has been filled with many moments, that I know I'll tuck deep in my heart forever. I've actually kept up with journaling this semester, and I've loved filling my pages with memories- some happy, some sad. My days are filled with joy, laughter, frustrations, tears, smiles- they are filled with living. A peek into a few of my moments:

*Celebrated one of my best friends 20th birthdays the other day, so we went and had manicures, and got cold stone creamery. We spent our time talking about our shared love for pretty little liars, guys, school, and plans for the future. I love her friendship, because she's the friend that I can text at all hours and she'll always reply. Her heart is so sweet, and her laughter is so genuine. Blessed to have met such a gem back when we were just baby freshman!

*The amount of love I have for my job... I never thought that I could actually love my work this much. It gives me hope for the future, and that whatever career path I choose will be as amazing as my current job. My co-workers are some of the best people ever, and I genuinely love the company that I get to work for. Getting to work with animals always puts a smile on my face, and working in retail has taught me many life lessons. I've been surprised to find that I miss my work if I'm gone for more than a day or two. Loving your job is an incredible blessing, and I feel very lucky to have found a job that I adore.

*Writing for the Odyssey brings a smile to my face every week, because I love the wide platform it gives me- to write about anything that's on my mind. The article for this upcoming week is one that I really, really love. I know I say that every week, but I really do love this one! Any article where I write about my love for fitness, is sure to be one of my favorite's!

*Speaking of fitness.... this semester has been incredible for me. Between participating in the Tone It Up October Challenge & working out at my school's gym, I've seen more results than I've seen in a long time. It's served as such a good reminder that the scale is just a number, and that number doesn't define you. I've only lost about eight pounds, but the real difference is my confidence. I really committed to my workouts, and I've given them my all over the last four weeks. I do a lot of consistent cardio, and I've fallen completely in love with weight lifting. My quads, calves, shoulders, and biceps have  been popping, and I'm loving it! I'm always pushing myself, always improving, always a work in progress, and I'm happy with that.

*I've been continually blessed with my friendships at school this semester. Some with old friends, and some with old friends. I have friends that I gather with every morning to talk, play cards, and study together. Just this past week we decided to start doing a Bible study together, and it's the most refreshing way to start the morning.

*Daisy is still my little angel, and she's still by my side constantly. She's with me for every hike, every car ride, every errand run. She's always there with a smile on her face, and I have so much love for my little fur baby. Really wanting to get her a buddy... hopefully next spring! Thinking about a German Shepherd puppy!

I like to focus on the happy moments. The moments with joy and smiles and laughter. Of course my life isn't perfect. I face hardships and challenges. I face dark moments, just like anyone else, but I choose to keep those moments more private. I'm a bit more of a private person when it comes to the obstacles that I face, but I also never want my life to sound like cotton candy & fairy dust, when it certainly is not. I'm a real girl with real world problems. I choose a positive outlook though, because I believe in finding the positive in every single situation, no matter how bleak it may seem.

xoxo, em

No comments:

Post a Comment