Friday, September 16, 2016

Let's Live Life BIG



Hey guys,
Wow, where to even begin? My life these days feels like a constant whirlwind. I don't know when I've ever been this busy before. Sophomore year is going so well! My days are made up of going to classes, doing homework, and working a lot! In between all of that I make time for the gym, my family, friends, my campus ministry, and church. As you probably remember, a while back I announced that I had started as a content creator for the Odyssey. I've been producing weekly posts for them, about everything under the sun. Well, I have some big news. I'm the new Editor-in-Chief for the team at my school! Yep, I'm the JCCC Team's EIC! It's such an exciting step for me, and I can't wait to see where this new journey takes me. Of course this comes with much added responsibility, but writing has been my life for as long as I can remember. When it's something that you really love, it doesn't feel like work. I'm so passionate about growing my team, expanding our content creators, and reaching more people with our stories.
Just a little peek into my last twenty four hours: I worked a night shift last night from 6pm-1am. It was our annual inventory count, so it was a long night of working hard and staying focused. Came home completely wired on coffee, slept about 3 1/2 hours, woke up at 6:30, drove an hour to school, worked out at the gym for an hour, drank my sixth cup of coffee, went to classes from 10-1, drove to town center to get my brother's birthday present, came home, edited articles for the Odyssey, stayed connected with my team over group me, hung out with my brother for his birthday, went out to dinner to celebrate, fed all my pets dinner, and now I'm here- blogging, editing, and catching up on social media.
The days all seem to blend together. Keeping everything in balance is hard. It's difficult to make sure you put equal focus and hard work into each area of your life. None the less, I'm loving life right now. It's a beautiful season filled with so many wonderful things, and amazing people.
Here's to living life BIG, because it wasn't made to be lived small.

Love and always,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment