Sunday, August 14, 2016

The Sophomore Confidential





With sophomore year looming on the very near horizon, this topic seemed like the obvious one to write about. Because whether I like it or not, I'm going to be a sophomore in one week. And that's a little scary.
In some ways I'm so excited for this semester. I can't wait to get back with my campus ministry, go to Sunday School, bible studies, parties, and coffee dates with my best friends. I'm going to enjoy my routines, the bus rides with friends, Starbucks after classes. I know that it will make me savor my downtime even more, because there will be very little of it.
In all honesty, there is always a little fear that comes with new territory. Questions of will I be able to handle it? Or will I get really overwhelmed? I'm taking 14 credit hours this semester, which equals out to five classes. Between school, work, family, church, pets, friends- I know I will have to be smart about balancing my time.
I'm excited for all this my sophomore year will hold, because I know that with change there comes growth, adventure, and new experiences. Looking back my freshman year was filled with so much change. For as many hard moments as there were, there was also so much joy, love, and happiness that year. I'm hoping to make "The Sophomore Confidential" a weekly series, documenting my year, and everything I experience it. My freshman year was so crazy, and reflecting on it, I wish I had documented it all a little better.
This semester my focus is going to be on-
keeping a 3.5+ GPA
staying committed to going to weekly bible studies
making new friends and continuing to grow current friendships
staying plugged in with my family
giving it my all at work- to learn new skills and do my job 110%
deciding what I want to do with my major and what path I want to take with it

What are your goals for this school year?

xoxo, em

2 comments:

  1. We have pretty much the SAME goals for this school year (except for the last one you listed... I already know where I'm going with this degree). Woohoo! Wanna be accountability partners?;) haha
    God bless!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much girl!! Haha I can always use some accountability in my life! :) Good luck with your classes!

      Delete