Thursday, August 11, 2016

Nordstrom Personal Shopper Review




Hey lovelies!

Today I'm here to share with you my experience with Nordstrom Personal Shopper! For any of you that don't know what this is, it's a free service that Nordstrom provides to all of its customers! It takes the hassle out of shopping and provides you with a BFF for an hour, to help you accomplish your shopping goals!

First off, I went to Nordstrom's website, and booked my appointment. It's very easy, and took me about five minutes to do. You just provide your name, email, and phone number, and then select the stylist you want, along with the day and time slot. You also select which kind of appointment you want. I went with the 60 minute custom consult, since I was looking for a few specific items. I booked my appointment three days prior to my appointment, and my stylist called me the day before the appointment to get some details from me. She asked me what specific pieces I was looking for, and I told her I wanted a staple winter dress, a crop top to go with some high waisted skirts I just bought, and a pair of black lace-up flats. She also asked for my sizing, and my price range (no more than $150 per item).

The day of my appointment I got there about twenty minutes early, and walked around the store for a bit, so I could see what they had in stock. I'll be honest- I didn't have super high expectations for my appointment. I worried that my stylist would pick stuff that completely wasn't my style, or items that wouldn't look good on me. They paged my stylist over when it was time, and I took an immediate liking to her. She was dressed perfectly, and had a big smile on her face. She told me a dressing room was all set up for me, and asked me a few questions about myself as we walked over.

The minute I walked into my dressing room, I was so impressed! It was spacious, and had three mirrors, a chair, a side table, and a platform. Both sides of the room neatly displayed about twenty hangers of clothing. She'd divided it up into dresses, tops, and her "update section", which included a more casual selection of tee shirts and jeans. The flats she had picked out were sitting on the platform in front of me. She walked me through her selections, and then waited out in the lounge with my Mom, while I started trying stuff on. The Nordstrom dressing rooms are certainly set up for you to have an experience. The lounge right outside my dressing room held chairs and couches and a big three-way mirror. What I loved about it all, was that most of the items were pieces I never would have picked out, but I still ended up loving! Everything fit perfectly, which I was also really impressed with.

About twenty minutes into the appointment, I told her I would like to see a few dressier dresses, so she ran out and came back with five more options. What is so perfect about Nordstrom Personal Shopper is how easy they make it! I spent about 50 minutes trying things on, and I ended up coming away with 6 items! Normally it would take me a few hours to find six items, and I doubt I would have been as happy with my purchases.

Here's what I ended up buying:

CeCe "Kate" Ruffled Hem Shift Dress in black

Free People "Arctic Fox" Back Zip Swing Sweater in black

Lush "Whitney" Bell Sleeve Woven Shift Dress in navy floral

Socialite "Serena" Strappy Tank Dress in navy/white

Project Social T Stripe Rib Knit Tee in ivory/heather gray

Soprano Stripe Hankerchief Hem Halter Dress in Dusty Rose Stripe

*I also found a pair of Louise et Cie black lace up flats, and a pair of Madewell skinny jeans, that I'll be purchasing online soon.

I probably wouldn't have picked any of these items off the rack, but that's what makes Nordstrom Personal Shopper's so great! It introduced different colors, patterns, and shapes to my wardrobe, that I don't have. The Cece dress was such a perfect find! It was one of the dresses my stylist brought in about halfway through the appointment, and I immediately knew it was perfect. I'm a sucker for black clothing, and my closet up until know has come across as a little too dark and serious. One of my goals for the shopping trip was to add some more feminine pieces to my wardrobe. The ruffles in this dress do just that, and make this look perfect for weddings, parties, or business events. The Free People sweater is definitely what I'm most excited about! When I picked it up off the hanger, I thought, "This isn't going to look good. It's way too boxy." I tried it on with a pair of Madewell distressed jeans, and I felt like a new person!  I looked edgy, but really sophisticated. The sweater was flowy, not boxy, and the mock turtleneck, and soft fabric made it perfect for Midwest autumn's. The Lush dress was another pleasant find. It reminded of something from Anthropologie that my sister would wear, but it turned out to be the perfect fall dress for school! I'm planning on wearing this with leggings, booties, and a scarf when the days turn a bit colder. The Socialite dress made me so happy! It's more of a summer dress, so I'm actually wearing it right now! My stylist showed me though, that it will be perfect in the winter with a cozy cardigan, a scarf, and booties though! All-year-round pieces are my favorite! The Project Social T was another great find, since I requested a top to go with my skirts. The Soprano dress is going to be perfect for summer weddings! Initially I didn't like the dress, but once I saw it on, I loved how different it was!

Overall, I loved the experience so much! It made everything so easy, and I found several great additions to my wardrobe. Yes, a lot of Nordstrom's pieces are more expensive, but I look at them as worthwhile investments. Everything I tried on was such nice quality, and fit amazing! After shopping there, I found myself let down at many of the more inexpensive stores, because the clothing just felt generic. There was a little pressure at the end to buy several pieces, and to sign up for a Nordstrom debit card, but you have to remember that their personal shoppers are working on commission. I loved my stylist, and I plan to always stop here in the future!

xoxo, em

No comments:

Post a Comment