Saturday, July 9, 2016

Why are friendships so hard?



College friendships are.... tricky. Heck, friendships in general are some tough business. We all go through life searching. Looking for the people that we can be real with and vulnerable with and live life with. The people we can laugh and love and cry with.
I have been through so many friendships in life. I've learned a lot. Some of it has made me wiser... and some of it has made me more cautious. When it comes to friends, I take my relationships really, REALLY seriously. I'm loyal to a fault and I have my friends backs through everything. I've been called "the counselor" numerous times, because people feel like they can really talk with me. And I love that. I love listening, I love giving advice, I love being there for my people.
The hard part is finding these people. I've watched people that I thought I knew, turn out to be completely different. How do I trust? How do I know who I can be vulnerable with? How do I know that they won't turn and stab me in the back? I wish I had all the answers, but I don't. I'm just a girl with a heart that cares a little too much sometimes.
I've been through some tough friendship experiences, but I've also been through some amazing ones. This week I sat on a couch and poured out my heart to a dear friend that I've been blessed to know for 14 years! I caught up with two beautiful long distance friends that I've known for 9 years. I helped a friend that I've known for a year, through a tough situation. I reconnected with a really awesome friend that I've known for 16 years. I look at my life, and I think, "I'm so thankful for these people. Yeah, maybe I've been through some really hard experiences. Maybe I've been burned and lied to and manipulated, but God brought me to it, and he brought me through it. I've learned, I've loved, I've laughed with these people that make it all worth it."
Friendships are a life long business. They're always going to be complicated. There's always going to be drama and complications and fights. At the end of it all, you will know who you true friends are, and who is not. So keep on searching, keep on loving, keep on being kind to a fault. Be strong, stand up for yourself, and when you do, look to your left and your right, and see who is standing beside you. Cherish those people.

xoxo, just a girl

No comments:

Post a Comment