Thursday, July 7, 2016

I'm Writing A Book?!?!

Yes, you read that right! I am writing a book. See, growing up I always said that I was going to be an author. Reading and writing were my passions. That's part of what propelled me into blogging. Somewhere along the lines though, I lost my confidence. I got caught up in high school, working, and then college, and my plans to ever write a book were long lost. Writing a book has been on my New Years Resolutions list for four years now. Sad, right?
Well, now it has all finally become a reality. I told myself that this was my summer. My time. My shining moment. At first it was overwhelming. I didn't even know where to begin. So I daydreamed and brainstormed. I made up lists of names, I juggled plot ideas, and then I outlined and wrote out my characters. Eventually, I gained confidence and started writing. I have been writing and writing, and writing some more! And dear readers, you know what? I have fallen head over heels in love with the writing process. Some days I get writer's block, and other days I end up losing all track of time and writing for hours on end.
This is my passion project. It's my first real book, so I hold it so close to my heart. I've yet to share it with anyone, since it's still a work in progress. I hope to finish to completely before school starts back in six weeks, and when I do, I plan to share the first few chapters on here.
I've become so involved with my characters, that I find they are like a piece of me. This story has my heart and soul in it, and I can't wait to finish it. Today I wrote a very trying and emotional chapter, and I found that when I was done I felt so mentally drained. Writing takes a lot out of you!
I'm so proud of myself for doing this though, and I have a feeling this is just the beginning. I've promised myself to not give up on myself or my dreams. Sometime in my lifetime, I will see one of my books published, and I know that will be one of the greatest days of my life.
So sweet readers- promise me this- don't give up on your dreams. No matter how old they are. No matter how impossible or scary they may seem. Your dreams are what keep your fire burning. They ignite your passion. They are your inspirations. They help define you and challenge you and shape you.
So don't you dare give up. Keep pushing, keep fighting, and don't quit until you are done.

xoxo, a future author

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you!! I wish I could tell you that writing a book will be just a breeze...but it won't be. You're gonna run into some tough stuff - including characters not cooperating with you AND the worst ever writer's block. But if you're determined, and you work on it little by little, you'll finish... And I can't even being to tell you how successful and wonderful of a feeling you'll have upon completion. YOU CAN DO THIS.
    Can't wait to hear about your writing journey:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! This is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete