Monday, June 6, 2016

I Am Enough


"People will hate you, rate you, shake you, and break you, but how strong you stand is what makes you." -Khloe Kardashian

Fitness is one of my greatest passions in life. I've been a proud Tone It Up girl for five years now and it has completely transformed my life. I'm all about finding balance and leading a healthy lifestyle. I'm gluten + dairy free. I usually workout for 30-60 minutes every day. I always do my cardio, in addition to toning workouts. I have a really fun fitness Instagram with nearly a 1000 followers that see my daily check-ins. Despite all of this- I still struggle.

Since wrapping my freshman year of college three weeks ago, I have been pushing myself extra hard in my workouts and focusing on keeping my nutrition much cleaner to prep for summer. I realized a few days ago that I was beating myself up over nothing. I can be my own harshest critic. I know that I work hard, but I'm always telling myself that I can do better. This keeps me motivated, but I also want to always remember to work with my body, not against it. I was feeling a little discouraged after swimsuit shopping the other day, and then I had to stop and remind myself of this:
I am more than enough. This body is perfect just the way it is. This body is strong enough to lift fifty pound bags of dog food onto my shoulders at work. This body is strong enough to hike five miles in the Kansas heat and not give up. This body knows martial arts and can kick some serious ass. This body has put in 70 miles of cardio over the last six weeks. This body is uniquely strong. I am dedicated. I am passionate. I am motivated. I am fierce. I am not a quitter. I am always working towards better things, but I am more than enough just the way I am.

I took this picture yesterday, post-workout, and I immediately thought, "Dang, I look strong!" Maybe I don't have a six pack or a thigh gap or insanely toned arms, but I know how hard I've worked. I know how much I can take. I know that even when I get knocked down- I get back up fighting. I know that despite the crap that life has thrown my way- I have always come out stronger.

Remember this- I am not beautiful like you, I am beautiful like me.

xoxo, em



No comments:

Post a Comment