Sunday, May 1, 2016

Share What You Live For

"You will know that God's power is very great for us who believe." -Ephesians 1:19

I'm continually amazed, that after being a Christian for nineteen years, I am still coming across new scripture. Yes, even I don't know the Bible back to back. I'm still learning... still reading. Sometimes I'll read something that I've read one hundred times before, but I'll gain a new understanding on it, or notice something that I didn't before.

My faith is my greatest love affair. It is the thing that captures my heart again and again. It is the very thing that defines my life and who I am. Growing up, I was a shy person, and sadly I wasn't as open about my faith. It wasn't the first thing you noticed about me if you met me, because I didn't always put it out there. That has all changed in the past few years though. Especially since being in college. I have went through hard times as I've really entered into the world, because at times, I was struck by the darkness of the world surrounding me. It was that, that showed me how much I needed to be a light. My faith is my joy, my hope, my oxygen. And I realized... how could I keep something so incredible, just to myself? I am still a shy person, but I realized that I don't have to be an over-the-top, charismatic, loud, dramatic person, to profess my faith. Actually, I don't feel the need to worry about it anymore, because I know that my actions speak louder than words. The smile on my face, the joy in my eyes, and the happiness in my heart. My life reflects my faith, because my faith is my life.

If you had the cure for death, would you keep it to yourself?

Share what you live for.

God bless, em

No comments:

Post a Comment