Saturday, May 21, 2016

Hasta Luego Freshman Year!




On Wednesday, I closed an important chapter in my life- freshman year of college. I can't believe it's over, but I'm also more than happy to say hello to summer and the freedom that it brings with it. Finals week was indeed hellish, but it's over, and I kept my 3.5+ GPA and my spot in the Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society. It's weird... whenever I was younger and I would see college students, I would always think, "Wow, they're so cool. They seem to have it all figured out." Well let me tell you- I don't have it all figured out. I learned so many lessons this past year, and that was one of the biggest ones. Realizing that I don't have to have it all figured out, and sometimes, it's okay to just take it one day at a time.
This past school year was filled with so much craziness, so many laughs, new friendships, insane amounts of homework, busy work shifts, late nights, and early mornings. I can only hope that the next three years of college will be as wonderful as this past one has been to me. I was certainly met with more than my fair share of hard moments, but they only brought me closer to God. I have leaned on him more this semester than I have at any other time in my life. He brought me to it & he brought me through it!
Now the beautiful expanse of summer lies before me, and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm still busy, but my days are filled with more living and laughter again, and that is what I love. The moments that bring you unspeakable joy, and remind you of every good thing. Summer is freedom. It is the time to take a step back from the responsibilities that life has placed on us, and just live each day to the fullest.
Here's to us- another school year done, another chapter closed, another step closer to graduation. May we always live like there's no tomorrow. Reckless, carefree, sometimes a little stupid- but none the less, full of life, love, and the pursuit of happiness.

xoxo, em

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your first year! I start my first years this fall and I always thought when I was younger I'd have it all figured out. I was wrong too!

    ReplyDelete