Saturday, April 9, 2016

Reflecting on Eighteen



In just two short weeks I'll be closing chapter eighteen of my life. In some ways, I feel so much older than I am. I'm excited for a new age, a new adventure, and a new chapter though. I think eighteen will always hold a tender place in my heart, because it held so much change for me. I graduated high school, got my own car, and went to Costa Rica. I went through my freshman year of college (it's almost over), picked a major, changed that major, and picked another new major. I survived the fresh hell know as finals week, and learned a lot about balancing stress and the chaos of life. I made new friends, reconnected with old friends, and went to Nashville to see my two best friends. I started a YouTube channel, and built a really fun platform on my fitness Instagram. I dealt with food allergies, blood sugar issues, and a horrible three month stint with pneumonia. I played paintball for the first time, went rock climbing for the first time, and went roller-skating for the first time. I went to a Vance Joy & Elle King concert. I met Ted Cruz and got a picture with him! I added a lot of horror movies to my "watched list". I voted for the first time! I completed a "safe shooting" program, and got some great target practicing time in.
Overall, I learned a lot, made some tough decisions, and overcame obstacles. Eighteen was a beautiful, but draining... fun, but tough... inspiring chapter in my life, but I can certainly say I'm ready to move on to this next part. I'm excited because I know that the rest of this year holds some wonderful things, and I know I will face continued challenges that will help me to grow as a person.

Be thankful for every thing that has been put in your path, because it all helped to bring you to where you are now. Don't rush the process- live in the moment.

xoxo, em

No comments:

Post a Comment