Thursday, April 21, 2016

My Vegan Experience: 20 Days Strong!

Hello friends!
Where has the time gone? I can't believe I'm already twenty days into this vegan journey. In some ways I feel like I've been doing this forever. Being vegan is actually a whole lot easier than I ever imagined. I've settled into a comfortable routine of what I like to eat, but I've also had a lot of fun trying new foods. I love, love, love how many carbs I get to eat! The interesting thing, is that when you eat a high carb diet, you have very few cravings, because you're satisfying your body everyday, with food it naturally wants.
It hasn't been completely easy. I've craved cheese and eggs on a few occasions, but I also know that change takes time, and when your body is addicted to the foods it's used to eating, it's going to take a little time to break it of its normal habits.
I honestly still don't know where I'll be at the end of this challenge. I don't know if I'll continue with the vegan lifestyle, or eat meat and eggs on occasion. I do know, that right now I'm loving this experience and everything that I'm learning. I love watching vegan vlogs on YouTube, and finding new vegan accounts on Instagram. I've enjoyed trying new foods and new recipes and expanding my horizons.
Overall, there are moments that are fun, and moments that are difficult. I'm thankful for this entire experience, and I'm enjoying the process.

xoxo, em

2 comments:

  1. Good job, girl! Keep it up! :D I totally understand the food cravings...gluten and sugar are my big ones. But I know that I've got to push through and in the end it will be worth it!

    Sorry I don't comment on your blog very much, but I do read every post and I really enjoy and appreciate them. You are a big encouragement to me. =)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I've been veggie for a few months and my next step is vegan. Glad you are enjoying it, I need to research some recipes I think xx
    http://art-love-fashion.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete