Wednesday, April 20, 2016

It's Not Over Yet



"Oh, to everyone who's hit their limit
It's not over yet
It's not over ye-et
And even when you think you're finished
It's not over yet
It's not over ye-et
Keep on fighting
Out of the dark
Into the light
It's not over
Hope is rising
Never give in
Never give up
It's not over"

Yesterday was a tough day- plain and simple. It was one of the hardest days I've had in a while, for a number of reasons that I won't go into. I was driving to work, and I was just sitting there feeling so utterly defeated. I just felt so over it all, and I just lifted my eyes up and said, "I'm done. I don't have the energy for another fight". Right then King & Country's, "It's Not Over Yet" came onto the radio, and I just had to smile through the tears because I knew God was sending me a direct message. See, I don't believe in coincidences. I believe in acts of God. It's the hope that keeps me going through all the crap that life throws my way. I knew that God was saying that I had to keep fighting the good fight because he wasn't finished with me yet. So I did the only thing I knew how to do in that moment- I had a quality talk with God. I walked away feeling more at peace, because I know that no matter what happens in my life, God is never going to walk out on me or give up on me. When I need to feel loved, or just have someone to spill my heart to, he's always been there for me, and he always will be.
No matter what you're facing- God is there for you. He'll walk the path with you, holding your hand all the way. The only thing you have to do, is let him.

-em

No comments:

Post a Comment