Friday, March 4, 2016

Life Lately & College Struggles

 
These photos make me entirely too happy.

Happy FriYAY guys!! So, so happy that another school week is done and the weekend is here! This semester has been so crazy for me and it's not slowing down anytime soon! My highlight of this week was meeting Ted Cruz!! I got to go to one of his rally's on Wednesday, since the Kansas caucus is on Saturday. I've always been interested in politics, so that was a really fun night for me! I was interviewed and got on Fox 4 news & KMBC!! We got fourth row seats, so we were really close to the stage. Afterwards I was hoping to see Cruz, but didn't expect to because of the huge crowd. Suddenly the crowd started moving and next thing I know Ted Cruz is turning around, holding out his hand, and saying "Hey there, what's your name?" I even got a picture with him! Definitely fangirled there for a brief moment.
Next Saturday my spring break starts & I'm jetting off to Nashville to celebrate! I LOVE traveling, especially solo, so I'm very excited! The best part is what I know is waiting for me on the other side of that flight. Four days in Nashville with my two best friends!! I usually only get to see them once or twice a year, so time with them is always extra precious!
I'm happy that the semester is going so fast, but it's also been really crazy and stressful. My favorite life analogy is that I feel like I'm juggling several balls very quickly. Let's label them: school, work, family, homework, friends, church, chores, errands, sleep, working out, and pet care. I feel like as long as I'm keeping up it's okay, but if even one ball slips, then everything will be thrown, and it will all come crashing down. Haha, sorry to sound dramatic, but that's what college life feels like for me! Fitting it all in is very difficult at times, and honestly you just have to pick and choose sometimes. I always feel like there's a long to do list of things I need to be doing. Life is all about balance, and finding your right balance takes a little work!
Overall, I'm at a very happy place in life though & I feel blessed for the opportunities I've been given. I have so many exciting things in store for this year, and I'm content to put up with the daily mundane, because I know it will be worth it in the end.

I love connecting with all of you! I've made so many wonderful friends through the last five years of blogging & I love having connections all across the states! Drop me a note at accordingtoemalee@gmail.com

con amor, em

No comments:

Post a Comment