Sunday, January 10, 2016

{The TIU Diaries} Week 1

Monday {1/4/2016}
Good morning TIU team! I'm so excited for this challenge that I woke up with a smile on my face! Breakfast was my apple cider vinegar, water, stevia concoction, and a Perfect Fit protein pancake. My cat, Thor was stealing bites of my protein pancake, because he thought it was that good! Morning workout was the new TIU HIIT routine, from their new workout collection. I bought the workouts last week, but this was my first time doing one, and I was so impressed! Such an intense workout that I was shaking, but it was amazing! Had a mid-morning snack to refuel, and then a tuna wrap with an apple for lunch. Had my afternoon snack, and found myself hit with some definite cravings. Going off gluten and dairy actually hasn't been too hard, but I've found I'm so used to mindlessly snacking, and it's hard to just stop that cold turkey. Dinner was turkey, green beans, mushrooms, and onions. A quick, throw together meal, before I headed off to the KU vs OU game. The game was insane, and went into triple overtime, so it was a late night, but also well worth it.

Tuesday {1/5/2016}
Woke up feeling a little sore in my legs, which is always a slightly triumphant feeling for a fitness fanatic. :) I set my alarm for eight, which is definitely sleeping in for me, but since I didn't get to bed until 12:15, it made sense. Had the TIU scramble for breakfast & then completed 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill. Last summer I was at a really good place with cardio, but after I got pneumonia, I lost it all, and never caught back up. I hike regularly, and I love walks, but this was the first time I've incorporated running in a while. It will be great to see what progress  I can make in the next eight weeks! I realized that I expect to see progress in just a few days, when in actuality, it can take weeks or months. It's hard to be patient sometimes, so it's important to remember why I'm doing this.

Wednesday {1/6/2016}
Today was a little off, but still a good day. Breakfast was an egg with green salsa, and lunch was a salad from Ingredient. Dinner was a quick tuna & salad. Workout was the new Booty & Abs routine from the new exclusive workouts. I actually struggled to get through the workout. It was a slightly slower routine, but with difficult moves, that targeted even those really tiny muscles. I made it through though, and it felt good to feel sore muscles.

Thursday {1/7/2016}
Another off day, which I honestly just found really annoying. My dog, Daisy got really sick and had to be rushed to the vet. It looks like she's going to be okay, but there for a while it got a little scary. Even though I work with animals, and I do see sick dogs sometimes, it hits closer to home when it's your own pet. Between nursing her back to health, I was too tired to workout, and my meals were just so-so. Oatmeal with almond butter for breakfast, brown rice pasta with avocado for lunch, some mindless snacking on I don't even remember what in the afternoon, and roasted chicken with veggies for dinner. Hoping that tomorrow will finally be back on track!

Friday {1/8/2016}
Today wasn't perfect, but it was better. I completed the Burn & Flow routine, and let me tell you- it burned! It was a yoga inspired routine that targeted total body, but spent a lot of time on abs. Breakfast was eggs with green salsa, and lunch was a wrap and an apple. I went out for dinner with a friend, but was able to stay pretty on track. We went to an Asian restaurant, and I had shrimp, broccoli, and rice. It was a nice treat, and a great way to start off the weekend!

Saturday {1/9/2016}
Started off the day with one of my new staple breakfasts- scrambled eggs with green salsa. It's a jalapeno salsa, and is about 10 calories for 2 tbs, so it's a win in my book! Completed the "10 Transformation Ab Moves" + 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill. After my workout in the afternoon I refueled with Tone It Up's  "Wake Me Up" smoothie & it was amazing!!

Sunday {1/10/2016}
Today was my sister's 22nd birthday, so we went by the Merc for lunch. It's our local health food store, and they have an amazing deli section with a salad bar, hot bar, smoothie bar, bakery, soup station, sushi station, pizza station, etc. I got curried chicken salad & Master Brew's pineapple peach kombucha. This afternoon I got in thirty minutes of cardio on the treadmill. I'm working on building up my endurance, and I don't last much longer than thirty minutes. However I've found that if I listen to an awesome playlist, then the time goes by so quickly! For dinner we all went out to Gordon Biersch. It was my first time being there, and I was so impressed! I had the citrus glazed chicken with grilled asparagus and sweet potato fries. I also tried a few of my sister's garlic fries and they were so delicious! All around an amazing restaurant and I love that they have a special gluten free menu. Our waitress was so helpful and attentive, and the chef even came out to check on us. Can't wait to go back again at some point!

Overall week one was good! Not outstanding, but it was still a success. I worked out six out of seven days & ate a whole lot healthier than I have in the last month. I'm ready to crush week two!

-emalee

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm late, but good job! I go on and off gluten and sugar free, and today was my first day back. I focused on drinking a lot of water and I've been trying to get enough sleep. I love reading your blog; keep it up!

    ReplyDelete