Tuesday, January 19, 2016

How To Have An Amazing Workout


"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't shoot their husbands. They just don't." -Elle Woods
 
Who doesn't love a good Elle Woods quote? Elle was right, exercise makes you happy! I've been on a great track with working out lately, and I've never felt better! Today I absolutely crushed my workout, and I felt on top of the world. I'm telling you guys- runner's high is a real thing! So today I'm sharing my best tips for having a killer workout!
 
*Great playlists are a must!! Spotify is my best friend. You can customize your favorite music & follow other people's playlists as well! You can listen to my playlists @emaleefx. My current favorite playlist is the TIU Challenge playlist by Katrina Scott. It has the best, upbeat music for a run!
 
*Dress the part! It's a known fact that what you wear can affect your workout. You don't need to drop $200 on a new gym outfit, but buying new clothes every now and then can actually boost your performance! My favorite places to shop for athletic wear are Target, Lululemon, Tone It Up, GapFit, Dick's Sporting Goods, and Victoria's Secret.
 
*Planning is key! My workouts go better when I'm organized and have planned ahead. Lay out your workout outfit, your earbuds, and your running shoes the night before. Set out your weights, or any equipment you may need. Mark on your schedule exactly when you're going to workout. Don't leave anything for the last minute!
 
*Check-in when you're finished! I post regular check-in's of my workouts on my Instagram @em_tonedup. Knowing that I'm going to be held accountable by my TIU fam makes me want to never miss a workout & always give it my all!
 
What are your best tips for having an amazing workout?
 
xoxo, em
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Love this Em! I've started a new workout schedule since Spring semester started as well, and am loving it! It's makes me much happier and feel way better to get annual exercise during my busy week.

    xoxo,
    ~Michlyn

    ReplyDelete