Friday, January 22, 2016

First Week Down!

 

 

"The more that you read, the more that you'll know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." -Dr. Seuss
 
Yep, I totally quoted Dr. Seuss just now. It's Friday night, and that's pretty much where my brain is at. If there was a button I could push for "max capacity of information", I would have pounded that button into the ground hours ago. In other words, second semester has started, and the first week is now complete. In all honesty, it was pretty good, and I'm excited to see what this semester has to hold for me.
 
Going back wasn't actually as difficult as I expected. It's only been a few days, and I'm completely switched over to my new sleep schedule. I get up at six every morning, I have my to do list organized in my planner, my backpack is prepped the night before, and I've worked out every morning. My strategy for this semester has been to be as on top of things as possible. To pretty much just hunker down, focus on academics, and get through with flying colors. My social life will probably suffer some this semester, but in all honesty, you just can't do it all. Trying to juggle school, work, friends, family, working out, chores, church, and sleep, is downright impossible! Last semester I rocked a really amazing social life, but this semester I'd like to take my stress levels on grades down a few levels, thus all the studying and less of the friend time fun.
 
I'm thankful for a great first week. There were good and not-so-good moments, but positivity is key folks! It's good to focus on the little things, like the fact that I've already worked ahead in homework, I get to see friends tomorrow night for the first time in a long time, and I had amazing workouts every day this week. I've already met some great classmates, and my professors are overall great! I'm taking Econ I this semester, and I'm already in love with the class! I thought I had shut the door on the option of business-minded majors, but now... I'm not so sure. Somehow or the other, business always finds its way into my life!
 
Anywho, I'm ready to enjoy some Netflix & savor this weekend!
 
xoxo, em
 

No comments:

Post a Comment