Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Enjoy The Here and Now



Today I was watching a rerun of Good Luck Charlie with my little brother, Sam. As I was sitting there, I found myself oddly jealous of Gabe. He was in middle school in this episode, and was having his first sleepover. It brought back so many memories for me- of simpler times with less responsibility and drama. A time with less chaos and emotions. I started missing my childhood, my middle school years, and even my high school years. Now there's a sentence I never thought I would say. Sure, my high school years were not the easiest, and I'm thankful for where I'm at in my life now, but sometimes I crave the easiness of my younger years. I was young, innocent, and so sweet. I always thought the best of people, I laughed easily, and I didn't care what other people thought. I know I can't go backwards- only forwards. However, I so badly want kids & teenagers to realize how precious time is, and really cherish where they're at in life. I'm in college right now, and I know one day I'll be looking back on all of this, and missing it. I spent so much of my time when I was younger, wishing that I was older. Never wish to change time. Enjoy the here and now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love Good Luck Charlie!! I hate change so much..I'm definitely trying to enjoy life as it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand what you are saying. Time moves so fast for me; childhood flew by! We just have to get everything we can out of everyday. =)

    ReplyDelete