Thursday, January 28, 2016

A Letter To My College Best Friend

 

 



I've never really said it, but I'm really thankful for you...

When freshman year started, I felt like I got sucked up in the whirlwind, but something was missing. I had parted ways with all of my friends from high school, as we went off to our separate schools, and I missed having people like that in my life. But then I went to the freshman lunch, and I met you. Remember when we went to Starbucks and hung out for the first time? I'm such a shy person, so that was really hard for me, but now I'm so thankful I took that chance. I ended up gaining a friendship that I never want to lose.

Remember the night your hall hosted the 80's night party? I came with a group of people, but I felt a little lost in the crowd, until I spotted your bright silver jacket. Your smiling face in the crowd of crazy students made me so happy. That night was so much fun, and I think it was then that I realized I'd found a true friend.

How about the time I sent that embarrassing text that your guy friend "accidentally" read? I know we'll probably laugh over that forever, and I'm glad I have someone I can laugh about it with.

Thank you for teaching me how to parallel park and being patient, even when it literally took me ten minutes to get it right.

Remember your birthday night and all our adventures? Running all over campus and doing crazy things. ;)

I missed you so much over winter break! Those five weeks seemed so long, and I realized how much your friendship means to me. We may not see each other every day, but I know I can always count on you.

I'm thankful for every memory, every adventure, and every laugh. I'm so glad I get to do college with you. As we've already realized, college is a roller coaster, and it's a hell of a lot better when you have great friends by your side. Thanks for being one of those people for me.

-em



 

No comments:

Post a Comment