Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Sunsets {Blogmas Days 7 + 8}

Hello lovelies,
In the midst of all the craziness of finals week, I missed posting yesterday. Blogging every single day for one month has been a lot harder than I expected, but I'm determined to push through and stick to it. I'm okay with missing a day or two though, especially when I have finals going on. One of my finals was online yesterday, and I ended up experiencing technical difficulties with the site. The final that should have taken me an hour, ended up taking me four. It all worked out in the end though, and now I've just got one final to go!
Last night we had the most beautiful sunset ever! I was in mid conversation with my Mom, when I looked out the window and just stopped. It looked like God had taken a paintbrush to the sky, and made a gorgeous watercolor painting. Streaks of yellow, pink, red, purple, orange, and blue. Something so natural and beautiful, can only make you smile. It makes you stop to admire it, and realize how nice it is to step away from the craziness of life, even if it's only for a moment.
Tonight I got off a six hour work shift at work and I was exhausted. As I was flying down the backroads with the country music blasting, I looked out the window and just started smiling, because of another gorgeous sunset. I love that something so simple can make you smile without even thinking about it. Maybe it's cliché, and maybe everyone I know posted a photo of it on Instagram last night, but I'm truly thankful for something as simple as sunsets.

xoxo, em

No comments:

Post a Comment