Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Healthy Lifestyle {Blogmas Days 15 & 16}




After finals my health took a series hit. As soon as I finished finals my body literally crashed. No, I wasn't sick, or at least not contagious sick. My body was simply plum worn out. While I did take a few quiet days to recuperate, it made me realize that my health has not been a priority. I'm a pretty health conscious person, but somehow college has a way of making you throw everything out the window, because your sole focus is school most of the time. Anywho, I decided to put together a little list of ways I'm going to boost my immune system and get my health and energy back on track!

Smoothies & Fresh Juices! This is my personal favorite way to get your fruits and veggies in! You can add such a variety of ingredients and get so many nutrients through smoothies! I plan to get back into making smoothies for breakfast, because not only are they amazing, but they're quick and easy!

Drink More Water! I'll be the first to admit that I'm horrible at staying hydrated, but it is so important. Carry a waterbottle with you everywhere. Keep a glass of water on your nightstand. Keep a waterbottle in your car. Start off the morning with a mug of hot lemon water. Add stevia or fruit to your water to help you drink more. There are so many helpful ways to stay hydrated, so drink up!

Exercise! I'm going to aim for thirty minutes of exercise every day over winter break. One of my favorite, and easiest forms of exercise, is to go on walks with my dog, Daisy. Walks have always been like free therapy to me- they're relaxing, peaceful, and the best place to think. When it's too cold to get outside, I like to do workouts from the Tone It Up youtube channel.

Vitamins! This is the most important time of year to keep your immune system up, because it's nasty cold and flu season. I'm already taking Juice Plus pills everyday, as well as Vitamin D. I want to get back into taking a probiotic before breakfast, and a fish oil pill as well.

What are your favorite health tips for the winter?

xoxo, em

No comments:

Post a Comment