Saturday, December 19, 2015

Daisy {Blogmas Days 17, 18 + 19}

 

 

 



"Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day." -John Grogan, Marley and Me

I think everyone should experience the amazing, unbreakable bond that people can share with dogs. There's really nothing like it. I get the gift of working with animals, hearing their stories, and seeing their happily ever after's. I believe in rescuing animals. I believe in fresh starts, and that their is a perfect owner for every pet. I will never forget the day that all came true for me. I wasn't even wanting a dog, and all of the sudden I found myself pulling out of the shelter parking lot with a six week old, English Setter, Golden Retriever mix puppy. Daisy will be two in February, and I couldn't be more thankful for her. Every pet owner is biased, but Daisy couldn't be more perfect. She is my whole world, and I love her to pieces. She loves car rides and prefers to ride in the backseat with the windows down. She loves meeting new people and going on hikes. She loves ice-cream and snuggling. She loves stuffed animals and keeps them all lined up in her dog house. Daisy is very protective, and with her I know I'm always safe. She is always happy, always up for an adventure, and always there for me. I'm a cat person, but I'm also a dog person. She has taught me about unconditional love, about putting others first, and living life to the fullest. The thought of ever being without her, is something I can't even bear to think about. What I do know, is that I want to give her the best life possible, and give her every ounce of love I have, until the day she takes her last breath.

As I'm reflecting on my year, and what I'm thankful for, Daisy is near the top of my list. I truly believe dogs are one of God's greatest gifts to man, and Daisy is my little angel. I'm thankful for the amazing bond we share, and the great joy she has brought to my life.

Go hug your pets.

xoxo, em


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment