Thursday, December 31, 2015

2 0 1 6




Hello there 2016. You're just within reach, and in just a few more hours you'll be here. I've been waiting for you. You're a breath of fresh air. A clean slate. A whisper of new hopes and dreams. A beautiful new year, that's just waiting to be filled with laughter and joy and memories.

As I look back on the past year, I can't help but smile. If I were to sum up this year in a few words, I would say that this is the year I overcame. This year held so much for me. In January I started my first semester on a college campus. I dealt with the somewhat difficult transition, and learned a lot about what I believe, and standing up for myself. I questioned many things in my life, and came away with a stronger faith and sense of my values. In April I turned eighteen and was reminded to live each day to the fullest. In May I officially graduated high school, and bought my own car. In June I went on a missions trip to Costa Rica. This was one of the biggest moments in my life to date. It was filled with so many unforgettable memories. The trip rocked my world and impacted my faith and my future. I conquered my fear of heights when I went zip-lining in the rainforest. I strengthened my intense passion for adoption and realized how much I can't wait for a family of my own. I built some amazing friendships and experienced life with the best group of people. In June, July, and August I battled pneumonia, and got over my anxiety of sickness. I learned a valuable lesson in things that are beyond our control, and how sometimes it's best to just roll with it. In August I started my freshman year of college, and I surprised myself, by being the most social I've ever been, and really getting involved in college life. In September I joined Kyle & Kelsey Kupecky's"street team" to promote their new book, "The Chase". That book was exactly what I needed at a time where singleness felt a little difficult. It renewed my faith that my Prince Charming is out there, and the wait will be worth it. In December I faced the dreaded "finals week". I persevered and stressed (a lot!), but I finished with great grades. I even went so far as to get a perfect score on my literature final!
This year I grew and changed a lot. I became stronger, and I let go of a lot of things. I let go of my shyness and introverted ways time and time again, and just lived. I let go of some very difficult things, and learned a lot about truly trusting Jesus with my life.
This has been a full, busy, wonderful year. It was certainly filled with its ups and downs, but if I had to do it all again, I wouldn't change anything.

con amor, emalee

No comments:

Post a Comment