Friday, November 27, 2015

You Are Blessed


 
 


 
My darling, you are immeasurably blessed. You may not see it now, but you are. I didn't see it, even when it was staring me down. My high school years were filled with ups and downs. With laughter and memories, but also struggles. I have learned though, that if there is one thing that college will do for you, is make you realize how incredibly blessed you were in high school. It will make you realize how much you took for granted.
 
Today I ran into a friend from high school and small groups, and I realized how much I missed it. How much I missed all of it actually. I didn't even see it at the time, but I was making memories with friends that I now cherish more than anything. If you are still in high school, then promise me that you won't spend time wishing it away. Your high school years are a true gift, and someday you will look back and realize you were having the best time of your life. Sure, it might be filled with some loneliness, heartbreak, fights, disappointments, and failures. But it can also be filled with so much more. The friendships I made in my senior year of high school alone, were enough to make me never want to leave it. I am forever grateful that I had my small group in high school. These were people who I known since I was a little kid, and I love that we got to grow up together. Now that I'm in college, I've realized just how hard it is to find good friends. In high school I didn't even see it, but I had seventeen people right there, that knew me and accepted me, and had the kindest hearts in the world.
 
This is a time of year to reflect and be thankful. I am thankful for the friendships I had in high school, and the friendships I have today. I am thankful that I will get to see these beautiful people over winter break, and make new memories. I am thankful that God blessed me with exactly what I needed, when I didn't even know I needed it. It's funny how he does that, isn't it?
 
Feeling nostalgic, thankful, and very blessed.
 
xoxo, Em

 

No comments:

Post a Comment