Monday, September 7, 2015

Breathe Deep


 
 
I didn't realize it at the time. I didn't realize how just how blessed I was. When I look back, the fact that I got to go serve the Lord in Costa Rica, feels like a dream. When I close my eyes I can still see it. I swear I can still hear the children laughing, the exotic birds, and the ocean waves. I can feel the warm sun on my skin, the bumpy car rides, and the little children urging me to play with them.  
 
Even in the midst of college life, Costa Rica is never far from my mind. I miss my many friends, that are now scattered in colleges all across the country. I miss what we had there. There is no experience that could ever compare to what God gave me in Costa Rica.
 
I'm immeasurably grateful for that time, for the children, for what I experienced, for what Jesus taught me, and for the friendships that filled my heart. Not a day goes by that I don't pray for my team. I grew up with these people, and although we may be headed in different directions in life, they will always be close to my heart.
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like such an amazing experience!!! I'd love to have that opportunity at some point. :)
    xoxo
    Grace Anne // http://totallygraced.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Emily too! But spelled differently haha :)

    Emily // Lynde Avenue Designs

    ReplyDelete