Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Chase {A Must Read!}


 "A must read for single girls looking for a God honoring relationship!" -Rebecca St. James

As soon as I heard that Kyle & Kelsey were writing a book, I knew I couldn't wait to read it. When I found out that it was on relationships & Kyle and Kelsey's love story, I couldn't have been more excited! It was so perfect for exactly where I was at in life right now! Recently Kyle and Kelsey posted on social media about how they were looking for a "street team" of people to read and review their new book, The Chase. I'll be honest with y'all- I almost didn't apply. I assumed a lot of people would be applying, but in the end, I did send in an application. My freshman year of college started shortly after that, and I prayed about the book and the street team. Lord, I feel like this book could have a huge impact on me. If you want me to be a part of this, then let it be. Whatever is your will, I trust you. I got caught up in the whirlwind of life, and almost forgot about the book, and then a few days ago, while I was at work, I received a text from my Mom. "Did you win something? You received a package from a Kyle and Kelsey Kupecky." There was no keeping the smile off my face that day!

From start to finish I read The Chase in less than a day. Once I started, I simply could not put it down. It sucked me in and captivated me. I cried several times, smiled a lot, and was filled with so much joy. I finished it while riding the bus home from campus, and when I looked up, it was like everything had changed for me. I couldn't keep the smile off my face, or the joy from overflowing in my heart.

It touched my heart, because I related to Kelsey on so many levels. I've never had a boyfriend, and like Kelsey, I've definitely wondered if I've set my standards too high, or if there are any Prince Charming's left in the world. When I was reading The Chase, I felt like I was reading a story about myself. Like Kelsey, my growing up years were filled with moments of happiness, but lonely moments as well, because I didn't always have lots of friends, or get invited to everything. Also, like Kelsey, I made "The List" years ago, and yes, I felt a little silly about it, but it meant so much to me. I started writing my future husband letters five years ago, and I pray for him every single day. Yes, every single day! I don't find it ridiculous, because I believe in the power of prayer. I'm not sitting around, praying that God will give me a guy. No, I'm praying for the future- that he will give my guy strength to overcome obstacles, peace in the chaos of life, and protect his heart.

I'm telling y'all, this book is a MUST READ!! If you're a single, Christian girl, or even if you're in a relationship, this book will change your life. I absolutely love Kyle & Kelsey, and when I was reading The Chase, I felt like I was sitting at The Frothy Monkey in Franklin, TN, having this conversation with them over cups of coffee.

The Chase by Kyle & Kelsey Kupecky releases in just a few days, on September 1st!! Pre-order your copy here!

"When we take our eyes off our own lives, and focus on others, we become the prettiest versions of ourselves." -The Chase

xoxo, em



1 comment:

  1. This book sounds fabulous!! I definitely need to check it out:)
    xoxo
    Grace Anne // http://totallygraced.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete