Sunday, August 2, 2015

Changes Are Coming

Changes are coming y'all. Life right now just feels so unsteady. Like one big transition. Taking the leap from high school to college is so much bigger than I expected. And to be honest with y'all, I've just been feeling downright overwhelmed with life. Trying to juggle everything. Dealing with all the changes. School starts in three weeks. Most of my friends are leaving for their various universities, scattered all across the country. Add in family, work, pets, responsibilities, and a social life.  Wondering if my load this semester is going to be too heavy.

Truth be told, change scares me. I'm all about comfort zones and schedules and knowing what to expect at every moment. It's in times like this- when I feel like I'm being flung out of everything normal that I've ever known- that I cling tightest to Jesus.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you; not as the world gives I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." -John 14:27

I read this verse for the first time tonight and it resonated with my soul. Every word rings true with me and brings me the peace that can only come from the Lord. In times like this I find it's good to keep perspective. Life right now- although it may feel overwhelming- it is not the end all be all. This next step is important, but it is not the most important. I've got four years of college ahead of me, and I will make it through. With the Lord by my side, the overwhelming is possible.

xoxo, em

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, girl - you've so got this! I'm almost finished with high school myself so this will be me in a blink of an eye haha! Best wishes! :)

    Em // Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete