Saturday, August 8, 2015

Be Cruelty Free {Animal Testing}


For those of you that don't know me, I am a huge animal lover. I've worked at a boarding kennel for over two years, do petsitting on the side, and have volunteered with KSDS. I currently have one dog & two cats, as well as having had three other sweet kitties in the past. Animals are my passion. Another passion of mine is makeup. It has fascinated me since I was a little girl, and I've been hooked since the first day I put it on. I have an obsession with youtube beauty videos, and have done quite a few makeup tutorials on this blog as well. I own an embarrassing amount of makeup, as well as having an extensive lipstick collection.
Another thing about me is that I love to do research. Just recently I educated myself on the horrors of animal testing, and the facts were astounding. I of course was aware on a small level that animal testing happened, but it was one of those things that I'd never given much thought to. I'm not sure what exactly I thought it was, but I had no idea that such brutality happened in America everyday. What I learned was sobering. More than 100 million animals are poisoned, burned, crippled, abused, & killed in U.S. labs every year. We're not just talking about lab rats- this includes dogs, cats, birds, bunnies, frogs, and monkeys. How do these animals end up in labs? Some come from pounds, zoos, and circuses who are wanting to get rid of unwanted animals. Many of the dogs and cats come from places that breed them just so they can be tested on and killed in labs. These animals are never given the chance to just be animals, but are instead subjected to a life of pain and suffering. One heartwrenching part is that some of these animals came from loving homes, and ended up getting lost, or stolen. The thought of any of my precious pets being in a place like that, was enough to make me lose it.
Go watch PETA's Undercover Animal Testing Footage on Youtube and see for yourself. No experiment is illegal, no matter how heartless or painful it may be. Europe, Israel, and India have already made all animal testing illegal. The facts are clear that it is unnecessary and cruel, so why is it still happening in the US? Animal testing is simply not being talked about enough. People need to be made aware of the price that these animals are paying for your cosmetics, cleaning supplies, medicine, etc. No lipstick or mascara is worth it to me, if even one animal has to suffer for it. Upon further investigation I discovered that over 3/4 of my makeup bag was by brands that do animal testing, and that's not okay with me. I signed the Be Cruelty Free pledge, and I choose to only support companies that are cruelty free. I'm giving up all my favorites like Maybelline, Clinique, Revlon, and more. I've been searching, and there are many amazing cruelty free makeup brands out there. Tarte, Too Faced, e.l.f., Anastasia Beverly Hills, Zoya, and Sonia Kashuk, just to name a few!


Let's be cruelty free together. Take the pledge here.

xoxo, em

No comments:

Post a Comment