Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Dealing With The Hard Stuff



"Someday everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason."

Life lately has hit a few bumps in the road. Ever since I got back from Costa Rica, I've been sick, but everything took a downward plummet around the fourth of July. I found myself in isolation in the emergency room, while test after test was run, and no answers were found. I spent the next several days on bed rest, and even now I'm still finding my way back to normal. I don't have answers yet, but I'm hoping to soon. I wish I could tell you that I went through all of this with a smile on my face, but the truth is, this has been a hard past two weeks. I've had moments where I cried tears of frustration. Moments where I lost all patience, because all I wanted was to be healthy again. Moments of loneliness because I felt like I was missing out on summer. On the flip side, this has all been such a wonderful experience to go through, because I've learned a lot, and had to repeatedly trust in God and remember that his plan is greater. I don't always know why God lets things like this happen. However, I do believe that he has a reason for everything he does, and I firmly believe that something good comes out of everything. What good came out of this? Well I've learned a lot of lessons in patience. Lessons in trusting in Him. Learning that I need to take better care of myself sometimes. Lessons in remembering that even when I feel down, the Lord is by my side every step of the way. Lessons in thankfulness. I'm thankful that this is all happening during the summer and not during the school year. I'm thankful that I've been able to get so much rest. I'm thankful that I live at home and that my family has been so caring. I'm thankful for a Mom that checks on me every night and makes me tea when I can't sleep.

Right now, this is my new normal, and I've learned to be okay with that. Even if I did catch this thing in Costa Rica, I don't for one minute regret going there. It was the most unforgettable trip of my life, and if I close my eyes I can still see myself there. I miss it terribly, but I'm so thankful for the opportunity I was given.

Praying for more patience and that God will give me my health back soon, and help the doctors to find answers. Until then I will laugh at the unknown, smile through the tears, and thank the Lord all the while. This is the stuff that tests us and tears us down. This is the stuff that challenges us until we just don't think we can take it anymore. I've got God, and a great family by my side though, and I will find my way through this.

xoxo, emalee

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this inspiring post, Em. I'll be praying :)


    Oh, and I just decided I'm gonna grab your button to put on my blog :)
    xoxo
    MaryShelley
    thereidwhowrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete