Friday, April 10, 2015

Thoughts on Senior Year



 


 
 
Fro yo runs with my girls. Laughing so hard that it hurts and you can't breathe, but that's okay, because you're so happy. Discovering that Leah has a killer Finnish accent, and none of us know what the capitol of Denmark is. Wondering if I get fro yo too much because I recognize the regulars.
 
Bonfire nights with my small group where we bond over burnt marshmallows and talk about the future. Daisy uses every trick in the book to get food from my friends and by the end of the night she had eaten 1 hotdog, 1 hotdog bun, 2 marshmallows, 1/2 a gallon of water, a few graham crackers and too many chips to count.
 
Dinner theater practice where everyone is family and we laugh too much and don't always pay attention. Reminded that no matter what our talents are, have fun, and try your best. Perform for the Lord, because that's all that really matters. Singing and dancing will never come naturally to me, but that doesn't mean that I won't work hard to do my best!
 
Post-practice laughs and serious talks with Mandito & Malarkey. Even though they tease me, steal my hat, and agree that I'll be a gardener with 5821 cats, they're still some of my favorite people in the world.
 
Cherishing every second of senior year. I never believed anyone when they said that senior year  high school would go by this fast, or that I might actually miss it. I'm ready for the new adventures that college brings, but I'm also realizing how special these last four years have been and how much I love all my friends. Just a little over one month to go of high school, and I'm savoring every single second.
 
Live. Love. Laugh.
 
-em
 

 

1 comment:

  1. This post makes me happy and sad, because now I keep thinking about growing up. <3

    ReplyDelete