Monday, February 2, 2015

Overnight Oats Recipe!



Overnight oats are one of those easy, throw-together recipes that you've just got to love! I like to spice up my overnight oats and make them a little more special, so today I'm sharing my latest concoction with y'all!

Overnight oats with Strawberries & Almond Butter:

1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
dash of cinnamon (add however much you like)
1/2 TBS maple syrup (you could also use honey or stevia)
1 TBS almond butter (or any nut butter)
berries of your choice for topping

Combine all ingredients, except berries, in a mason jar, and stir well. Top with berries, cover, and refrigerate overnight. In the morning your oatmeal mixture should have thickened to a nice consistency. Enjoy!

The thing I love about overnight oats is that they're SO adaptable. You can adjust and add in whatever you like! Get creative! Try chia seeds, cacao, dark chocolate, blueberries, bananas, peanut butter, apples, etc.!

What's your favorite overnight oats combination?

xoxo, em

1 comment:

  1. Never tried overnight oats before, and I think I will! Sounds delicious!

    The Life of a Laurel ​​

    ReplyDelete