Friday, January 9, 2015

My Tone It Up Journey




"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."

The Beginning:

It was early spring of 2012, shortly before my 15th birthday, and I was perusing Pinterest when I came across a pin titled, "11 Week Bikini Boot Camp Challenge". For some reason it sparked my interest, and before I knew it I had hit the link and was doing the first workout. The first workout was great, so the next week I came back for workout number two. This second workout was a bikini body strength training routine by...you guessed it, Tone It Up! I remember seeing these two amazing, fit, happy women come onto the screen. I enjoyed every minute of that workout and for the first time in a long time, I felt like I had found something that I loved. I followed the link below the workout video to a website called Tone It Up. I had no idea at this point that this would be the beginning of a new journey for me. TIU overwhelmed me and introduced me to a whole new world. My journey was a slow one, full of learning, trying new things, and pushing myself. It started with just the workouts, then eventually I bought the TIU nutrition program, started participating in challenges, and then, last February I started my TIU instagram.

At the time that I started with TIU, I hadn't been in a sport or physical activity in a while, and was very out of shape. I would get winded running up the stairs, and always seemed to get tired when I played group sports. I was tired of being slow and unhealthy, so I decided to do something about it. I've never worked out to lose a bunch of weight or be skinny, but because I strongly believe in being your healthiest YOU.



What is Tone It Up?

Tone It Up is a fitness and lifestyle program founded by Cali-girls, Karena + Katrina. TIU is a community of women, of all ages, inspiring and supporting one another to live the life of their dreams. You will never find two more friendly, charming, or fit women, than Karena + Katrina! I literally can't say enough good things about them! K + K are some of the top trainers in the industry and are very open about sharing their own journeys to weight loss and a healthy lifestyle. They have a huge following on Instagram & Twitter, lovingly dubbed the #TIUteam.




Where I'm at Today:

Now that I've brought you up to speed on my journey, let's talk about where I'm at today. I'm now more a part of TIU than ever! I'm so proud to call myself a TIU team member. I'm very active on my Fitstagram, and am currently participating in the Love Your Body challenge. LYB is an annual challenge that runs Jan 1st through Feb 14th. It's 6 weeks of workouts, inspiration, recipes, and support. There is no better way for me to start off 2015 than by doing this challenge!

Fitness & nutrition isn't just an interest, or some hobby for me, it's a lifestyle. TIU has 100% changed my life, and I'm so happy I found them three years ago. The thing is, is that this is a journey. It's not a one and done thing. Am I where I want to be fitness wise? No. Do I eat clean all the time? No. I'm only human. I still have times where I stumble, give into sugar cravings, skip a workout, or don't like what I see in the mirror. I aim to eat a balanced diet and lead an active lifestyle everyday though. It's a journey, and I'm enjoying the ride.

"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."

Follow me on Instagram @em_tonedup. I share my workouts, meals, recipes, and inspiration!

Want to see more posts about my workouts, diet, recipes, or TIU? Comment below!

xoxo, em

No comments:

Post a Comment