Saturday, January 31, 2015

//January Notes//



via Free People's Pinterest board, "Crisp Air".


//January Notes//

-spent one of my rarely free Friday nights babysitting four of my favorite little munchkins. Couldn't help but smile as I watched them dress up like princesses and make up a play for me. We made an epic fort (that ultimately collapsed), had great conversations over slices of pizza, and read lots and lots of wonderul bedtime stories. Ended up talking until eleven with one sweet little princess that couldn't fall asleep. It did my heart good to be around four joyful little sweethearts for an evening.

-started another semester of school. This one being my first on a college campus. After a few semesters of online classes, its been an adjustment. Especially for a girl that's been homeschooled her whole life. That first week I managed to get lost on my way to class, almost miss my bus, and convinced myself that my back would break from lugging around such a huge backpack. In the end though, everything was okay, and I'm learning to love this change of pace in life. I'm learning lessons, lots of them, the kinds of life lessons that you won't soon forget.

-been starting every day at 5:45 with a forty-five minutes sweat session. Commited to making 2015 my healthiest year yet. Participating in the Tone It Up Love Your Body Challenge. It's definitely been challenging! I've learned a lot though. Like nobody's perfect, and you can't beat yourself up over indulging (too often) in desserts or not getting a workout in. Life happens, so you learn to roll with the punches.

-big things are coming my way this summer and I've been busy in my spare time prepping for it. (more on all that soon) For now I'm just thanking God for always being faithful and for teaching me to trust in him even when I have my doubts.

"every dream begins with a dreamer. always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world." -Harriet Tubman

No comments:

Post a Comment