Friday, January 30, 2015

Fit Fridays: How to Get Out of a Workout Rut



We've all been there- those days or even weeks where we feel like we've hit a wall in our workouts. We're unmotivated, uninspired, and everything seems hard! Maybe you haven't worked out much lately, and when you do you're out of breath, tired, and quick to give up.

So how do you get out of that horrible workout slump? Today I'm sharing my tried and true tips with you on how to get out of your no-good workout rut!

Get motivated. I'm the type of person that thrives when I'm feeling extra inspired or motivated. There are a million and one ways to get inspired! Here's a few of my favorites:

     *Watch an episode of Extreme Makeover Weight Loss. Watching how hard those people work always motivates me + Chris & Heidi Powell are some of my favorite trainers!

     *Re-focus my goals. Maybe my goal is to shave a minute off my mile run, or conquer a new yoga move, or tone up my arms for my favorite sleeveless top. Sometimes we all lose focus on why we're doing what we're doing. So take some time, make a list, and remind yourself why being healthy is important to you.

     *Buy yourself some new workout clothes! What girl doesn't love shopping? I promise, you will be so much more excited about working out, when you love what you're wearing. Some of my favorite fitness clothing brands are Gapfit, Pink, Nike, Lululemon & Dick's Sporting Goods.

Mix it up! One of the biggest reasons people tend to get in a workout rut is because they're bored! I get bored really easily with my workouts, so it's very important to me that I change up my workouts! Some ideas:

     *Take it outside! Go for a bike ride, run your favorite trail, or take your workout printable to the park!

     *Go take a class. Classes usually aren't my thing, but sometimes its nice to try something different. Try a hot yoga class or a spin class!

     *Get on youtube! Youtube is my all time favorite source for killer workouts! Try Tone It Up for some great toning routines,  Blogilates for some no-joke intense pilates workouts, or Xhit for just about any thing!

Stay accountable! There is something to be said about accountability when it comes to working out & eating healthy. I believe it is a crucial key to success! There are different ways you can do this- you could get an accountablity buddy, use an app, or post on social media. I started my fitness Instagram a little over a year ago, and it has kept me so motivated!

Hope you enjoyed these tips for getting out of your workout rut!

xoxo, em





No comments:

Post a Comment