Sunday, November 16, 2014

Taylor Swift Blank Space Makeup Tutorial

 
 
 
This week Taylor released her new music video for "Blank Space". I'm sure I wasn't the only one that was blown away by the whole thing. True, it was way different than some of her previous work, but overall I thought it was amazing! The details, the many outfit changes, the classy atmosphere, and that makeup! Taylor's makeup stayed pretty consistent throughout the video, and I knew I had to do a tutorial on it. It was just too gorgeous to pass up! Overall the look is dramatic and classy. Contoured cheeks, classic red lips, smoky eye, and defined brows. Way too over the top for day to day life, but perfect for the upcoming holiday season. Parties, events, winter formal, etc. This could be your go to look of the season! Okay, enough talking, lets get into the look!
 
 
Start off by applying your foundation and concealer as normal. I used a matte primer under my foundation to help this look last.
 
 
Taylor's brows are thin, but defined. I filled mine in with my go to product, the Anastasia Brow Wiz (in Ash Blonde). Favorite product ever!! So simple to use too. A must have in every girls makeup bag!
 
 

For the eyes I used my Maybelline "The Nudes" palette. I used the four colors on the far right to create this smoky eye. I used a matte tan/gray as my base. Then I applied dark gray on the back 1/3 of my eye and in my crease. I then applied a shimmery white shade in the inner corner to brighten up my eyes. I took a little eyeliner brush and applied the matte black eyeshadow as you would apply eyeliner. Flick your hand up once you reach the end of your eye to create a wing. It doesn't have to be perfect, you can even smudge it a little.


Now go in with your favorite liquid eyeliner (mine is by Maybelline) and apply a thin line on your top lid. Flick it out to create a subtle wing.


Apply two or three coats of your favorite mascara. The current one I'm using is the Stila Major Major Lash Mascara.


To contour your cheeks take your favorite bronzer (mine is by Rimmel), make a fishy face (or however you like to do it) and apply bronzer in the hollow of your cheeks. Taylor's cheeks were very contoured!



Apply a light pink, natural blush onto the apples of your cheeks. I used an Elf  Blush in Twinkle Pink for a subtle glow.


Now onto the last, and most important step. The red lipstick. I've searched high and low for years to find the perfect red lipstick. Every shade I tried looked horrible on me though! This year for Halloween I went as Little Red Riding Hood. A week before Halloween I happened to see this lipstick in Target (because let's be honest, I'm in there every other day) and for whatever reason I decided to pick it up. Good grief, this stuff is amazing! It looks killer and will make you feel so classy and fierce. This is the Rimmel Matte lipstick in #111 "Kiss of Life". I'll admit, it is a little bright, but it's one of my favorite things ever and I promise you'll never want to be without it!





This was by far the most fun I've ever had on a blog shoot! Photo credits to my sweet lil bro, Sam! Seriously though, what ten year old boy takes photos this good?!


What makeup posts would you like to see in the future? More celeb makeup tutorials? Yay or nay?

xoxo, em

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!
    I loved this! I've been obsessing over Blank Space for days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove this!!! You make it look so easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I love Blank Space <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! That video is seriously the best, her outfits are to die for.

    ReplyDelete