Thursday, November 13, 2014

Perfect Messy Bun Tutorial

 
For those days when I have one minute to do my hair, the messy bun is my go to hairstyle.
I wear this hairstyle for workouts, work shifts at the kennel, yard work, and lazy days around the house. It's my tried and true look, and today I'm sharing it with you!
 

You'll need:

One ponytail holder- I prefer the ribbon kind because they won't pull on your hair

Dry shampoo- I prefer this one by Tresemme, because it's cheap, and works. The purpose of dry shampoo for this look is to add more texture and volume to the bun.

Hairspray- no explanation needed.



1) Start off with  dry, natural hair. I usually don't even brush my hair before doing this look.

2) Spritz some dry shampoo in your roots.

3) Rub the dry shampoo through your hair.

4) Grab your ponytail holder.


 
 5) Pull your hair into a high ponytail. Be careful to smooth out any bumps, but try to keep it looking natural and effortless. (aka, not slicked back like a wet rat)

6) Start off like you're putting your hair in a ponytail. Depending how big your ponytail holder is, pull your hair through the ponytail holder once or twice. On the next time only pull it about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way through.

7) Wrap remaining hair around the partial bun and tuck under ponytail holder. Your first attempts may look a little funny, so remember that practice makes perfect!

8) Finish off with a mist of hairspray, and you're good to go!

This look is so easy and effortless, it almost didn't require a tutorial!

Interested in more hair tutorials? Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo, em
 

4 comments:

  1. I would love more hair tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you gave step by step pictures to go with it! Thanks for sharing!
    See me at www.myblue-stripedumbrella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em you are so darling and you pull off this messy bun like nobody's business. Not sure if it'll work in my hair but one can hope! :)

    See me over at Curious Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exactly what I needed! I love the look of messy buns but I'm never able to do them just right. Thanks Em xx

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete