For those days when I have one minute to do my hair, the messy bun is my go to hairstyle.
I wear this hairstyle for workouts, work shifts at the kennel, yard work, and lazy days around the house. It's my tried and true look, and today I'm sharing it with you!
One ponytail holder- I prefer the ribbon kind because they won't pull on your hair
Dry shampoo- I prefer this one by Tresemme, because it's cheap, and works. The purpose of dry shampoo for this look is to add more texture and volume to the bun.
Hairspray- no explanation needed.
1) Start off with dry, natural hair. I usually don't even brush my hair before doing this look.
2) Spritz some dry shampoo in your roots.
3) Rub the dry shampoo through your hair.
4) Grab your ponytail holder.
6) Start off like you're putting your hair in a ponytail. Depending how big your ponytail holder is, pull your hair through the ponytail holder once or twice. On the next time only pull it about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way through.
7) Wrap remaining hair around the partial bun and tuck under ponytail holder. Your first attempts may look a little funny, so remember that practice makes perfect!
8) Finish off with a mist of hairspray, and you're good to go!
This look is so easy and effortless, it almost didn't require a tutorial!
Interested in more hair tutorials? Let me know in the comments below!