Monday, September 1, 2014

September Goals

via Pinterest

Well loves, we've arrived at the first day of September. At times, it seemed like it would never come, but now it's finally here. I'm ready for flannel shirts, homemade applesauce, trips to the pumpkin patch, crisp apple cider, bonfires, and chilly nights. Fall is on its way!

I love the practice of making a list of goals for each month. It's a way to keep my mind focused and not get too caught up in the routine of school, work, and life.

My September Goals:

Run more- specifically to run longer and faster. I started focusing on running more about two weeks ago, and I love the feeling a good run can give you. My goal is to run three times a week and increase my running time. My current record is running at 5.5 for ten minutes. That may not seem like much, but this is coming from a girl who couldn't run for more than thirty seconds last year. My goal is to be able to run for twenty minutes OR two miles. Those both seem like pretty daunting tasks, but I know I can do it. Everyone has to start somewhere!

Take more pictures- No, I'm not talking about Instagram, I'm talking about real pictures with a real camera. Photography used to be one of my passions, but in the past few months I've been picking up the camera less and less. I suppose I don't do it as much because it's more convenient to just pick up my phone. Regardless, I still love capturing moments with my Canon Rebel, and I hope to get back to that more this month.

Master the splits- Never have I ever... been able to do the splits all the way. Even when I was a seven year old little ballerina, I never was able to do the splits. I'm just about the most non-flexible person I know. However, I've been focusing on doing more stretching and yoga moves, and it's reminded me how important it is to be flexible. With that in mind, my goal this month is to make major progress on my splits.

Buy a guitar- This has been on my list for a while now, but it's one of those things that I keep saying "someday". I don't want this "someday" to become "never" though, so this month I'm going to buy a guitar and look for a teacher.

Four goals. Simple, but big goals. Four things to focus on and accomplish over the next thirty days.

What are your September goals?

xoxo, em

2 comments:

  1. You can do it girl!!! Running was so hard for me to start, but my after my first 4 mile run I felt like I could conquer the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! These are great goals, and I could do ALL of them with you. Even when I did ballet as a 7-11 year old, I couldn't do the splits either! And being able to play the guitar would be awesome. You can do it, Em! =)

    ReplyDelete