Friday, August 15, 2014

The Beginning & The End

Here we are at the beginning, here we are at the end.

Well loves, its the end of another summer, and the start of a new school year. I had big plans to write lots on my blogs this summer. And yet, the summer has passed and I've only blogged once. I never expected to abandon my blog for so long, and yet it happened. This summer was life changing for me. I wanted this summer to be unforgettable, and it certainly was.

It's only been a little over two months, and yet I feel like my soul has aged ten years. I don't feel like the same person in the least. I've learned priceless lessons, lost and found friends, had days that felt like they were out of a fairytale, and had days that I never want to relive.

A little sneak peek into my amazing summer:


I watched my little pup grow bigger and bigger. My tiny daisy is now fifty plus pounds of muscle and sweetness. Raising a puppy was a challenge, but it's one that I conquered. After six weeks of obedience classes, Daisy has become the sweetest, smartest little pup and I couldn't love her more.

There's nothing better than family. We were reunited with my cousins in Cali for one week this summer and it was perfect. A week of road tripping, beach days, shopping, laughter, and lots of pictures.

Hanging with the squad. The servant squad of counselors from my week serving campers at summer camp has become some of my closest friends. Crazy texting convos, weenie roast, and a night at the fair. You can't beat friends like them!

Fair nights, funnel cakes, ferris wheel lights, pig contests, and my personal fave, the demolition derby. It's what I secretly wait all year for. This year was the best one yet.

Shot my first round of senior photos and had such a fun night with my uncle as the photographer. It produced some beautiful, authentic photos that I can't wait to share on here!



Was reunited with my southern besties for just two days and it was wonderful to see their sweet faces! We go way back!

Made a new best friend this summer from my week at camp! Bless her soul. We have so much in common we could be twins. From zombie movies, bowls of ice cream, and night swims to daily snapchats, and long talks, Mandy is like my other sister. Her friendship and honest spirit has brought me peace and laughter that only a true friend can.

Through summer camp, great church sermons, mornings with my Bible, personal trials, and answered prayers I've grown so much in my walk with the Lord this summer. He's my everything, and through everything that happens faith will always take the spotlight in my life.

I could talk on for hours about what all has happened in these past two months, but I think I'll leave it at that for now. To be honest, I didn't even think about blogging once this summer. I was too busy living life. And truly, I felt like I was in a place where I couldn't relate to blogging anymore. Suddenly my life felt personal and I didn't want it all on display. I'm at a time in my life where a lot is happening, and I want to remember all of it. Part of why I blog is so that I can look back someday and remember what I was thinking right then. My schedule is crazy this fall, but I hope to blog very often. Even if it's just a picture and a few words, I love blogging at the end of a long day.

So loves, here's to new beginnings. Cheers.

 
xoxo, emalee


2 comments:

  1. Missed you! I'm glad you had an amazing summer! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Em!!! I finally got back to blogging, and I loved seeing this!!! Love you more than honey bunches of oats!!

    ~Mandito Burrito~ :)

    ReplyDelete