Sunday, August 24, 2014

My Current Makeup Routine!

 
 
 

 


 

 
 It's been a year now since my last makeup routine post, so I thought it was high time I did a new one. If you know me at all, then you know that I'm a makeup junkie. I own an obscene amount of makeup, I watch beauty tutorials all the time, and I have a rotating door of products that changes every month.

So here's what I've been wearing in the month of August:

I start with my Bare Minerals Correcting Concealer and use this under my eyes and on any blemishes. I absolutely swear by this stuff. The consistency is creamy and it covers beautifully. As someone who has struggled on and off with acne, this is by far the best covering concealer I've ever found.

I follow up with just a little bit of my Bare Minerals Finishing Powder. I apply the smallest amount of this just over where I put the concealer, to help it last.

Then I apply my all time favorite, the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, all over my face.

Sometimes I do wear blush or bronzer, but it depends. I always like to add my Victorias Secret highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones.

For eyeshadow I've been loving the new Maybelline "the nudes" palette. It has twelve different shades that are all neutral and vary in shimmers or matte finish. I'll usually use some sort of taupe or light brown all over my lids and then a deeper color like a dark brown in the outer corner. I always finish with a little sweep of shimmery white in the inner corners to highlight my eyes. Lastly I take my tiny eyeliner brush and use the matte black shade to line my top lashline. (I don't line the bottom lashline though).

For mascara I use the Maybelline Mega Plush mascara. I don't use the waterproof formula, however I've found that this mascara stays on really well.

I have a lipstick obsession and as a result I'm always wearing different lip products. I wear the plain Maybelline Babylips a lot to keep my lips moisturized. Some of my other favorites for this month have the been the Revlon lipbutters in Peach Parfait and Raspberry Pie, as well as the Covergirl lipgloss in Give Me Guava.

If you're interested in seeing more makeup product review or tutorials let me know! I'm thinking of doing a makeup, hair, and outfit style steal for Taylor Swifts new music video, "Shake It Off". Thoughts?

xoxo, emalee


 

1 comment:

  1. I would love more makeup reviews or tutorials! I'm a makeup junkie myself, so anything like that is always interesting! =D

    ReplyDelete