Monday, May 12, 2014

The Living More Challenge


This week I'll officially go on summer break, and I decided that there was no better time to start a challenge, than now. A challenge to live more. This is a challenge to live everyday like there's no tomorrow. I want to say yes more. I want to seize every opportunity and create joy where there is none. I want to accomplish some of the things on my bucket list. I want my days to be full and filled with happiness. No, this isn't a challenge to "be busy" or "cram as many things as possible into a day". It's simply a challenge to live more.

This is a spiritual, physical, and mental challenge. A challenge to get up early for sunrise devotionals. To spend more time with my little brother because he will be grown up before I know it. To take him up on all of those offers for bike rides, sprinkler fun, movie nights and homemade lemonade. To pick up my camera, go outside, and just capture life. To get out that dusty bucket list and actually cross something off on it. To get a big stack of books and read all of them, just because. To go on a sunrise run and just marvel in God's glory.

"She loved life, and it loved her back."

Starting tomorrow I'm going to start my "live more challenge" and try this experiment for exactly one week. I'll journal my thoughts and results and share them here with you when I finish. Feel free to jump on in and try the challenge for yourself!

You only live once. Let's make it a great one.

xoxo, emalee

1 comment:

  1. This is an amazing idea!! I want to try this! I'm still doing school right now, but as soon as I finish I'm going to do this. Be sure to let me know how it turned out. =) Especially specific things you did or experienced. =D

    xo
    Jess

    ReplyDelete