Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Reflecting on Living More






A few recent snapshots of life


Remember last week when I blogged about my Living More Challenge? I told y'all that I wanted to spend my first week of summer break really living and loving life. I may have not stuck to my challenge as much as I hoped I would, but I learned some valuable truths.

My week was b u s y, and filled with work shifts, errands, my sisters honors graduation, getting together with friends, and Daisy's obedience class.

Here's what I took away from this past week-

Roll with the punches. Let go of what you can't control. The negativity, complaining, bad attitudes, jealousy, hatred.. it has no place in my life, because I choose to not let it in. That's not saying that I don't have bad days, or have moments where I lose my patience and say things I shouldn't. We're only human. We all have flaws. I'm learning though that when I lead my life with love, I don't want any of those yucky things in my life. Things may not always go how I want them to, but it's how I choose to respond that really matters.

Let's be honest. I'm not a spontaneous person by nature. I live for schedules and lists and I thrive on structure and organization. It's summer time though, and it's time to let down my hair, take off my shoes, and just live. Thus, this past week was filled with sudden spontaneous moments of sunset bike rides, homemade watermelon slushies, running through the sprinkler with my little brother, etc. Because that's what summer is all about! Living life- moment by moment.

Life is short. We need to take value in every day of our life, because we don't know what tomorrow holds. I asked myself a hard question, "If I were to die tomorrow, would I be happy with how I've lived my life?" While I have no regrets and I believe I've lived a happy life, I realized how much more I have to offer. All of my dreams and ambitions. They're just sitting there, waiting for me to take action, and accomplish them! I'm taking more value in the here and the now and pursuing some of the things on my bucket list. I'm setting aside some money to buy the guitar I've always wanted so I can take lessons. I'm finally sitting down and writing down that novel I've been thinking about since I was four. The point is, don't wait around for things to happen or tell yourself you'll do those things "someday". There's no better time than now!

Stay tuned for a new fashion post on Friday, and a beauty post on Sunday!

xoxo, em

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post!

    -Natalie_xoxo

    http://uniquelynatalieforever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so well written. I agree with everything you said! Also, that last picture is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete