Thursday, April 3, 2014

Spring Clothing and Beauty Haul!

Hello lovelies!
It's haul time girls! I haven't actually done that much shopping for spring, but I have managed to pick up a few things over the past month, and I thought I would share my finds with y'all!
 
 
 
I finally picked up a Victoria's Secret lipstick and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality. I hear the TIU girls, Karena and Katrina raving about these lipsticks all the time, so I thought I would give one a whirl. Mine is in the shade "True" and is a very natural sort of "rosy nude pink". The VS lipsticks all come in shades that you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere else. Think of the Angels. They always have very natural, sometimes pink, sometimes rosy lips and that is exactly what you get in these lipsticks. The coverage is pretty good and the lipstick is very moisturizing and almost has a sheer feeling. Overall, the quality isn't as amazing as MAC, but I am impressed with it. These lipsticks retail for $14.


 I was needing a new mascara after running out of my Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes, so I decided to try the Covergirl Flamed Out mascara. This stuff is my new essential and I'll definitely be sticking with it for a while! Two coats gives you perfection. Black lashes that are fairly natural. A little lengthening, a little volumizing, overall this mascara is a combo of everything you want.


In the search for a simple new spring scent I stumbled upon Victoria Secrets "Lovespell" and I was hooked. Most people would say that this is an overdone scent, but I really love the light, and fruity smell that this perfume has to offer. A big old bottle of this beauty retails for just $12! 


 While in PINK I snagged a cropped varsity sweatshirt for $45. It's baby soft, and the cropped length works perfectly on my short torso.


American Eagle. Love of my life. I absolutely adored their spring collection this year, but found myself frustrated with how much they've changed their sizes. After trying on multiple things, I was able to come up with a few winners though. One was this graphic varsity tee, which is now on clearance!


I also picked up a pair of grey midi shorts. American Eagle shorts run small, so you always have to size up. These have a nice 3.75 inseam and fit pretty loose.


I had been wanting a pair of ankle boots for the longest time, and when I saw these western booties I knew I had to get them. They're very nice quality, and are surprisingly quite comfortable.


A nice mauve cami to go under cardigans.

 
Every girl needs a boyfriend cardigan! This one is lightweight, with fitted arms, and side slits. Perfect for those chillier spring days.
 
 

Last, but not least I got these awesome hi-rise crop jeggings in a minty blue. Crops are my go to because on my petite body type they fit like regular length pants, except I don't have to cuff them! Also, I always thought I could never buy jeggings because they would be skin tight and wouldn't be modest. I've learned the key is to buy a size up and wear longer tops with them.

Would you like to see more spring fashion and beauty hauls? Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo, em

3 comments:

  1. LOVE Victoria's Secrets' "Love Spell"! I wear it everyday and can't get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love American Eagle too! I basically just discovered it, but for this past fall I have been looking EVERYWHERE for jeans that fit. Too tight, too baggy, to short, to long; I was about to give up. But I went to AE and I just had to try on one pair and I knew I had found them! =) Sorry, for my ramblings!

    ~Jessica (homeschooledauthor.blogspot.com)

    ps. Your phone case is SOO cute! =)

    ReplyDelete