Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Kendra's Night Out Challenge- A Day in Orlando

Today I'm bringing you the "Kendra's Night Out" challenge! I was so thrilled when Kendra Thornton approached me recently and asked me to participate. For those of you that don't know, Kendra is a well known travel expert, TV spokesperson, and businesswoman.

Today's theme is "A Day in Orlando". A day of fun and relaxation spent with her family. While I've never been to Orlando, I completely get the whole "vacay vibe" thing. When you're on vacation you want to be confident and comfortable. The whole point is to look effortlessly put together, so that you're ready for anything!

Before we get into the looks- here's the dish on the challenge:


The Challenge- Help Kendra Thornton dress for a day in Orlando with her family.


Dressing for Orlando fun

As a lifelong travel enthusiast, one of my favorite things about being a mom is the opportunity to take my kids on memorable vacations! This year, my family plans to spend a few weeks in Orlando. This vacation hotspot is one of my favorite places to take the kids. Many of the local attractions have amazing family-friendly amenities. It’s a place where even parents with small children can comfortably enjoy themselves. During our stay here, we plan to spend some time at the fun family attraction Downtown Disney. I don’t want to embarrass my kids in the photos that will be taken that night, so I need some help! Will you help me create the perfect outfit for my family excursion? To inspire you, here’s a description of the restaurant we plan to visit:

 Artist Point

One of the things I love about Orlando is the variety of attractions inspired by locations all over the United States and the world. At Artist Point, guests dine on dishes inspired by the culture and cuisine of the Pacific Northwest. The dining rooms feature stunning waterfront views, and the dĂ©cor reflects the look and feel of a lodge at one of our national parks. Murals throughout the restaurant capture the spirit of the American frontier. I can’t wait to relax with my family in this uniquely American restaurant!

Orlando Style

In my travels, I’ve learned that every city has its own unique style. The style of Orlando emphasizes relaxation and recreation. This is one of the most family-friendly destinations in the world, and there’s always plenty to do here. Local parks brim with indigenous plants and wildlife. Amusement parks feature rides and other family entertainment. There are shows and mini golf courses to enjoy. Whatever I do with my family during a visit to Orlando, I know I’ll have a better time when I look and feel great. I’m excited to see what fashions you recommend for my upcoming vacation.

-Kendra Thornton
 


This first look is the dressy look. Perfect for going to a show or eating at Artists Point. A flowy, bright spring dress is the perfect vacation look, because it's simple, but looks very put together. Plus it takes up minimal room in your suitcase! Pick one in a cheery color and add a belt to help cinch in your waistline. A denim jacket, brown leather sandals, and a great pair of aviators help to pull this look together. For the finishing touch I went with a lilac mani and pedi, because lilac is the "It" color this year.

Dress: Debenhams, Jacket: My Theresa, Sandals: Asos, Aviators: My Theresa, Nailpolish: Essie


 
This casual look is my go-to for vacations, amusement parks, and miniature golf. These coral shorts from Aeropostale add a pop of color to your outfit. I added a classy white button down with rolled up sleeves for the top. To finish off the look I added a pair of simple leather sandals, the perfect crossbody purse, and a few rings from Brandy Melville. This brown leather crossbody purse is the purse for vacationing. A crossbody style keeps it close to your body and easily accessible. The size is perfect, just enough to fit your essentials, plus any little souvenirs you may pick up along the way.
 Top: American Eagle, Shorts: Aeropostale, Sandals: Anna Mashburn, Bag: Rachel Zoe, Rings: Brandy Melville
 
Kendra- I hope these looks help you in your planning for Orlando! Have an unforgettable trip with your family!
 
Follow my Kendra's Night Out pinterest board to find hair and makeup looks to pair with these outfits!
 
Follow Kendra Thornton on Twitter!
 
xoxo, em

2 comments:

  1. Hey you!! I nominated you! ---> http://curiousramblingsbychloe.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-sunflower-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Go to my blog! violetsweetpeas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete