Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Farewell Winter- Monochromatic OOTD


The blanket of snow that covered the Midwest this past week has finally melted. The ground was muddy and the sky was cloudy, but it didn't matter. By this point, I would have done anything to get out of the house, even if it was just to be in my own backyard. The day seemed to call for a photo-shoot, so I grabbed my camera and my little brother and we were off. Never mind the fact that I have to bribe my brother to take my pictures. (usually with money) A tripod will probably be the best investment of my life!
 
Now onto the look:

 
 Over at Because of Jackie there is a monthly link-up going on titled "What She Wears". This month's theme was monochromatic, and I decided I wanted to join in. My first thought was to go all white, or with something really light color in honor of spring coming. When I went to look at my closet I realized I own little to no white, so that plan was quickly scrapped. In the past few months I've gotten very into darker colors. I love black in a non-goth way. To me black looks more expensive and classy. Not to mention it's almost always flattering!


The look-
Blazer//H+M
Tank//H+M
Pants//Gap
Boots//Thrifted
Necklace//Forever 21

To start off this look I grabbed my black gap trousers out of my closet. Can you believe I've only worn these once?! I paired them with a pair of heeled black boots. These were just $10 at a thrift store! I added my favorite cranberry tank top from h+m for a pop of color. To top it off I threw on my trusty h+m blazer. This blazer was one of the best purchases of my life. Such amazing quality and very warm! To accessorize I just added my favorite long chain necklace from forever 21.

This look was fun and a little overdressed, which is how I always am. I loved wearing so much black at once. Typically I just have once or two black pieces, so this was a different look for me.

I like to think of this as my farewell to winter look. I'm saying goodbye to the layers of black, the vampy cranberry lipsticks, and the warm winter boots. It's time to throw out the dark and let in the light!

What do y'all think of monochromatic outfits? Yay or nay?

xoxo, em

7 comments:

  1. You're beautiful girly!!!!! love the boots. and the necklace. and your entire outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this! I adore a mostly black look and gravitate towards that on most days, too. I also take my photos with a tripod, so I can attest to the investment, it's worth it! I think I bought mine on Amazon for $25? Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outfit, especially the boots! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 <3 <3 that OOTD! I <3 fashion too, and post about it frequently on http://whensummermetwintersmile.blogspot.com I would love it if you could check it out!!!! thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the necklace!
    I relate to you... I own much more black than white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to do a lighter color as well, but I just gravitate to black! Love it! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete