Monday, March 3, 2014

Coffee Chats- How is Your Heart?


 


 Hello beautiful friends,
I apologize for my absence lately here in the blogging world. To tell you the truth though, I've really enjoyed taking a step back from blogging these last few weeks. It's given me time to focus on my spiritual walk with the Lord, as well as a few other things that I had put on the back burner.

You know those cozy conversations that you have with friends in coffee shops over warm cups of yummy Starbucks lattes? The talks where you go deep and talk about anything and everything? Those conversations where you walk away thinking, "Now that was a great talk"!  That's what I want my blog posts here to be like. Friend to friend. Just sharing what's on my mind.

Sure, this is a beauty blog. This is a blog for photoshoots, fitness, recipes, and monthly favorites, but it is also so much more than that! It is a reflection of me and my heart. So much has been going on with me mentally and spiritually, that how could that not spill over into my blog posts just a little?
Now don't get me wrong, I love a good celebrity inspired makeup tutorial as much as the next person, and I've loved getting creative over the last few months with posts to share with y'all. I guess I'm just a little burnt out on sharing such shallow things with you all. I mean, sure makeup is fun and all, but how is your heart?



I was thinking the other day. You know how we always ask people "How are you?" just because it feels like we're supposed to. Of course people rarely say anything more than "I'm fine", or "I'm doing great!" Its kind of one of those manual responses, something that seems to be programmed into us. What if instead however we asked, "How is your heart doing?" Think about how deep and caring that sounds. It would probably catch people off guard and make them actually take a minute to reflect instead of just reeling off some answer. Take the time to show your loved ones how much you really care. It only takes a second to send a thoughtful text. You never know what others are going through or how much they just need to hear, "I love you, and I'm praying for you. Always."




Lately I've been finding myself wearing a little less makeup. I've been marveling more in the natural beauty, than in what lipstick shade I'm wearing. I still love playing with makeup as much as ever, but when people look at me I want them to see the real me, and not my new eyeshadow.


And so I leave you on that note dear readers.

How is your heart?

God bless,
em

4 comments:

  1. Great post Emalee! I really needed to read this today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was lovely !
    Eb x
    Thefearlessfox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was beautiful, Emalee! Recently I have been convicted about always answering, "Good," when asked how I am...Even when I'm not. Just last Sunday at church a lady asked how I was and I was feeling so terrible that I responded truthfully. We talked for a little bit and it is amazing how much that encouragement helped me! I love all of your posts, but especially these heart-felt ones. I'm glad that you are taking time to grow in the LORD; that is the most important. =)

    ~Jessica
    (homeschooledauthor.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, I love this;) I love exploring the deeper aspect of life in my blog, too, and also making people feel better about themselves and not trying to keep up appearances for "blog sake", you know? Loving your natural look, gorgeous of course!

    ReplyDelete