Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What I'm Loving- Snow Day Edition

 
The Midwest was kindly dumped with a recent snowstorm. My whole world has become a winter wonderland of snow drifts and sheets of ice. I've stayed cooped up inside for days now, and still haven't tired of it. Here's what I've been loving:
 
 
 
Seventeen magazine- I loved the latest issue. It was filled with pictures of spring fashion and was all on girl power. It was a very empowering issue filled with real people, pursuing their dreams.
Demi's new book, Staying Strong- I love this little "one-a-day" sort of devo. It's so inspiring and delivers a great message.
Taylor Swift's Red- On snowy days I like to turn on a great playlist and work on projects or do some deep cleaning.
Mostly, I haven't been wearing any makeup at all, but there are times when I don't want to feel like a total slob. My easy, 5-minute face is my favorite covergirl concealer stick, maybe a dab of powder, Maybelline colossal cat eyes mascara, and my Maybelline 14-hour lipstick.

 

 
I simply adore this lipstick! Read my review on it here.
 

 
Smitten with kittens.

 


 


My days have been spent doing homework, listening to music, playing with the cats, baking, working on craft projects, cleaning, planning blog posts, watching Youtube videos, having Friends marathons with my sister, and pampering myself with mud masks and nail art.

How do you spend your snow days?
xoxo, em

5 comments:

  1. Well, I spent mine outside with my brother and watching tv :)

    I know I probably scared you away with my very forward email, so please tell me if I did :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm in Northern Michigan and actually love being snowed in, with good books, good music and my family home with me;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been dumping snow here all day and night as well! I've been wanting Demi's book SO badly but for some reason it isn't in my bookstore so hopefully I'll find it soon:) But ooh, Red is one of my favorite albums ever. Love Taylor hehe.
    Your photos are amazing! Great post Em :)
    xx,
    -Juli

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore those pictures of the snow! I'm in southern CA so I don't get to see snow during the winter :(
    Great Post!
    XOXO
    Brooke Jordan
    http://lifeisacosntantjoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. RED makes for such a good soundtrack to snowy days. my favorite thing to do on snow days is to grab a good book, good music, a cup of tea, and curl up for an hour or so. it's the best. :)

    ReplyDelete